Author Topic: Plakias Articles  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Plakias Articles
« on: June 26, 2008, 02:47:48 PM »
Hi Guys,

I see Mike has made a suggestion that we contribute more to the article system. He is right, it would be great if we could make it a valuable resource both for seasoned and new visitors.

I'm guilty of not contributing a lot, which will change (after i'm back from Lagos  )

So if you can spare some time to write a few thoughts on that taverna you ate at or that accommodation you stayed at, then it would be much appreciated. Find the relevant article and click the 'Add your comment' link at the bottom.

A link to the article system is found on the menu at the top of the screen (or by clicking Here. )

If the place you wish to talk about does not already exist then please feel free to add a new article (click the New Topic button when in the relevant category). Unfortunately these have to be approved before appearing but I will do this regularly.

If you would like to see a new category please let me know.

As time goes by I will add links into articles for the Plakias Map. And vice versa I can add review links onto the Plakias Map.

cheers,

Paul

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Plakias Articles
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:46:38 PM »
Ploppy,

I wonder if it would be useful to have the 'front page' of the forum revamped to add prominence to basic features such as the Article System.  This would enable anyone (but especially new members) looking for the type of information contained in the Article System to go straight to the topic that interests them.  It would cut down on the number of posts that repeatedly ask for the same kind of information.  Another feature could be a facility which encouraged people to become subscribers.  I'm sure you would find the extra money coming in a help.  What do you think?

Noopsy
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.results4u.co.uk
Plakias Articles
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 11:34:38 PM »
Quote from: Noopsy 500
Ploppy,

I wonder if it would be useful to have the 'front page' of the forum revamped to add prominence to basic features such as the Article System.  This would enable anyone (but especially new members) looking for the type of information contained in the Article System to go straight to the topic that interests them.  It would cut down on the number of posts that repeatedly ask for the same kind of information.  Another feature could be a facility which encouraged people to become subscribers.  I'm sure you would find the extra money coming in a help.  What do you think?

Noopsy

Sounds like a grand idea.

Rowena & Carl

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Plakias Articles
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 09:31:31 PM »
Paul, I've added updated comments on a few tavernas but one shortcoming of the rating system is that it's not possible to change the rating if you've already voted. As each year passes, some tavernas come up in our estimation and others down but we're stuck with our original vote