login

Author Topic: temperatures in plakias  (Read 2726 times)

Offline holiday girl

• View Profile
    • http://
temperatures in plakias
« on: April 24, 2005, 09:53:34 PM »
We are going to plakias in august and wondered what the temperatures are like?  Does it go cool in the evenings because of the sea breeze?  Haven't been to crete in august before and don't know what to pack for evening wear.  

holiday girl

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
temperatures in plakias
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 11:35:41 PM »
August should be very hot during the day although the breeze will help. The evenings should be warm also. Most years the jumper stays in the case (although early Sept. last year was unusually cool for several days)

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
temperatures in plakias
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 01:45:10 PM »
We are going to plakias in august and wondered what the temperatures are like?  Does it go cool in the evenings because of the sea breeze?  Haven't been to crete in august before and don't know what to pack for evening wear.  

holiday girl
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3139\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've been to Plakias in July, August and September and had a variety of weathers.
Always the breeze/wind, some torential storms, hot blistering sunny days with warm and some with cool evenings. It's very difficult to say what the weather is going to be like.
Some friends of mine followed me out for the second and third week of September last year, and it was overcast and rainy for most of the time.
Sorry holiday girl but you've got to take pot luck, hopefully it will be hot days and warm sultry nights for you, if that's what you want, I know I do!
(holiday boy)
george g...