Author Topic: Villa Ioanna - Plakias  (Read 6712 times)

Offline Alex_Kidd

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Villa Ioanna - Plakias
« on: July 23, 2006, 02:24:59 PM »
Hi everyone! First post for me!
I'm Alex from Italy  
Ehm, sorry if my English is not perfect!  

I've never been in Plakias.. till this September, that I will go there with my girlfriend...
Thank you all for the precious informations you gave me! I've been reading you for several days!

But now, searching for an accomodation, I've found this:
http://www.interkriti.net/hotel/plakias/ioanna/index.html

Anyone has been in there ? It seems a very nice place and very cheap!
Note that I will rent a car, so no problem to me if the place is not near to the town-centre!
Bye,
Alex

Offline Steve Jones

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Villa Ioanna - Plakias
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 08:07:41 PM »
Quote from: Alex_Kidd
I'm Alex from Italy  

I've never been in Plakias.. till this September, that I will go there with my girlfriend...
Thank you all for the precious informations you gave me! I've been reading you for several days!

Note that I will rent a car, so no problem to me if the place is not near to the town-centre!
Bye,
Alex

Welcome to the forum.

Your English is excellent so don't worry. I am sure that someone reading your post will have been to the Ioanna Villas and will be happy to pass on details of their experience(s).

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Villa Ioanna - Plakias
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 08:19:49 PM »
hi Alex

i've not stayed there myself but if i remember correctly the villas are on the main road going down into plakias, probably 10 or 15 mins walk out

they look very nice from the road

cheers
chris

Offline Alex_Kidd

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Villa Ioanna - Plakias
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 10:08:44 PM »
Quote from: harribobs
hi Alex

i've not stayed there myself but if i remember correctly the villas are on the main road going down into plakias, probably 10 or 15 mins walk out

they look very nice from the road

cheers
chris

Thanks, Chris. I'm pleased to be answered by you!  You're omnipresent in the forum  
Maybe we'll meet at the end of September (I think about the last week for me in Plakias)...!  

Quote from: Steve Jones
[Your English is excellent so don't worry. I am sure that someone reading your post will have been to the Ioanna Villas and will be happy to pass on details of their experience(s).

Thank you Steve!
But I don't call exactly "English" my way of writing...  
The important thing is that, in some way, you understand what I try to say!
Bye, Alex

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Villa Ioanna - Plakias
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 10:41:42 AM »
Thank you Steve!
But I don't call exactly "English" my way of writing...  
The important thing is that, in some way, you understand what I try to say!
Bye, Alex

Hi Alex

Welcome to the forum.

Your English is great, far better than my Italian which I am ashamed about (mia moglie e Italiana)

Hope to see you there in September, maybe I can practice my Italian. Apparently I speak much better after a few bicchiere di vino  

Ciao

Paolino

Offline Alex_Kidd

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Villa Ioanna - Plakias
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 11:39:20 AM »
Ciao Paolino!  

Quote from: Ploppy
Hope to see you there in September, maybe I can practice my Italian. Apparently I speak much better after a few bicchiere di vino  

yes it would be nice to meet in Plakias and go together in a taverna, so we can practise other languages speaking with a good bottle of delicious Cretain white, or better, red wine...  
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:43:10 AM by Alex_Kidd »

Offline aspasia

• View Profile
Villa Ioanna - Plakias
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 12:47:53 PM »
I'm Alex from Italy  

Bye,
Alex

Hi Alex,

I am Iana from Romania and I returned from Plakias 2 weeks ago. It was our first time in this part of Crete (we have been several times before on the Northern coast) and I am so proud to have choseN Plakias.  It is a magic place but not isolated and it has every ingredient for a perfect, relaxing holiday. I loved it and definitely I will be back. Villa Ioanna is situated on the road between Plakias and Damnoni beach. I saw it several times and noticed it because of its name which is exactly like in Romanian. we thought Ioana is a very Romanian, but.... seems is of Greek origin, however. The house looks very neat and nice but you have to take into account it is not in Plakias. We stayed in Myrthios, the wonderful village above Plakias. The only "bad" thing we had to cope with was the Meltemi (the western wind) which decided to blow exactly when we were there. In spite of this, we loved everything about Plakias. The tavernas, the bars, the fact that music is of good qualityd it is not blasting in the loudspeakers and the people around are more of a bohemic nature than of the standard tourist (whom I hate). If you have the car go around to all the beaches (they are great), to Preveli Monastery, and all the other places around! Have a great holiday!!!!! And who knows maybe we'll meet in Plakias next year!

Offline Alex_Kidd

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Villa Ioanna - Plakias
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 11:24:58 PM »
Quote from: aspasia
Hi Alex,

I am Iana from Romania
Hi Iana! Nice to meet you  

and I returned from Plakias 2 weeks ago. It was our first time in this part of Crete (we have been several times before on the Northern coast) and I am so proud to have choseN Plakias.
So you also love Crete! I've been 2 times in Crete: the first, with Tour Operator, in Nord-Est part (hotel in Elounda), the second in the West I booked only the fly and a car  

And in late September this will be my third time in Crete! Only flight and a car, obviously...
Two weeks, I think first 5-6 days between Kalamaki and Matala, then Plakias...

It is a magic place but not isolated and it has every ingredient for a perfect, relaxing holiday. I loved it and definitely I will be back. Villa Ioanna is situated on the road between Plakias and Damnoni beach. I saw it several times and noticed it because of its name which is exactly like in Romanian. we thought Ioana is a very Romanian, but.... seems is of Greek origin, however. The house looks very neat and nice but you have to take into account it is not in Plakias.
Yes, but no problem with the Hunday Athos... I hope!  

We stayed in Myrthios, the wonderful village above Plakias.
Might you tell me where did you stay? And, of course, if you had a good time?
Like if the room was clean, how much did you pay for a night/stay, ect...

The only "bad" thing we had to cope with was the Meltemi (the western wind) which decided to blow exactly when we were there. In spite of this, we loved everything about Plakias. The tavernas, the bars, the fact that music is of good qualityd it is not blasting in the loudspeakers and the people around are more of a bohemic nature than of the standard tourist (whom I hate).
Yes, the best way to relax! I always remember the first trip to Crete, and the first man that we found searching a car rental, said to us: "....Relaaaax! You're in holiday! All you have to do is... relax!"  
The people is very friendly, and also they are first Cretain, than Greek! Also tourist are different from other vacation places... except Hersonisoss and Malia in August!

If you have the car go around to all the beaches (they are great), to Preveli Monastery, and all the other places around!
I've been one time in Preveli... great place! And for the other places, I'm learning some web-tips...
I've found a lot of interesting beaches: Damnoni, Amoudi, Shinaria and more...
And also a long list of good tavernas with genuine food, which I love! No tourist restaurant for me, please!  

Have a great holiday!!!!! And who knows maybe we'll meet in Plakias next year!
thank you!!!  I hope so, but my holidays are always in late September...!
Ciao Iana :-*
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:28:07 PM by Alex_Kidd »

Offline LoukaFran

• View Profile
    • Email
Villa Ioanna - Plakias
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 06:47:35 PM »
A few years ago we planned on staying at Villa Ioanna. Our booking was confirmed by e-mail and we left on holiday only to find on the day of our arrival (after a long journey) that the only person there was the gardener ? or cleaner ?. He knew nothing and couldn't (or wouldn't) speak anly English. So we tried Greek - he didn't (or wouldn't) understand this either so we asked him the phonenumber of his boss.  When we called his boss he also knew of nothing.... So we were obliged to find logings elsewhere.
This is the only time on all our vacations in Greece that we have ever experienced such behavour !
I hope you have more luck !

Offline Alex_Kidd

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Villa Ioanna - Plakias
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 12:44:31 AM »
Quote from: LoukaFran
A few years ago we planned on staying at Villa Ioanna. Our booking was confirmed by e-mail and we left on holiday only to find on the day of our arrival (after a long journey) that the only person there was the gardener ? or cleaner ?. He knew nothing and couldn't (or wouldn't) speak anly English. So we tried Greek - he didn't (or wouldn't) understand this either so we asked him the phonenumber of his boss. When we called his boss he also knew of nothing.... So we were obliged to find logings elsewhere.
This is the only time on all our vacations in Greece that we have ever experienced such behavour !
I hope you have more luck !

I hope so...  

Thank you anyway

Cheers

Alex

Offline aspasia

• View Profile
Villa Ioanna - Plakias
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 01:58:47 PM »
We stayed at the Chrisanti, the last house in the village on the way to Selia. Super clean and civilized. Breathtaking view of the Plakias gulf, quiet and very pleasant. The studio is Euros 35 and you have everything for self catering, they change towels and bed linnen every 2 days....It is excellent. You will find the address on www.annaview.com. But you have to bear in mind that you need a car to go but especially to come back from the beach. We had the car only one week and the 2nd we sinply lost some weight and enjoyed going down and up the superd olive trees hills!!!

Offline Alex_Kidd

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Villa Ioanna - Plakias
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 03:29:53 PM »
Hi Aspasia!

Thanks for the infos...

35 euros in which season?

We had the car only one week and the 2nd we sinply lost some weight and enjoyed going down and up the superd olive trees hills!!!

I think I will rent a car or at less, a motorbike... However, just hope that a little olive trees survived the recent fire in the hills...

Offline aspasia

• View Profile
Villa Ioanna - Plakias
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 08:46:11 AM »
We stayed at the Chrisanti, the last house in the village on the way to Selia. Super clean and civilized. Breathtaking view of the Plakias gulf, quiet and very pleasant. The studio is Euros 35 and you have everything for self catering, they change towels and bed linnen every 2 days....It is excellent. You will find the address on www.annaview.com. But you have to bear in mind that you need a car to go but especially to come back from the beach. We had the car only one week and the 2nd we sinply lost some weight and enjoyed going down and up the superd olive trees hills!!!

As far as I know they have the same price all year round! We stayed there between June 24 - July 7!