login

Author Topic: Easyjet to Crete!  (Read 19223 times)

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2008, 09:18:32 PM »
Quote from: Ali & Dave
Hi all

Just back from UK, lovely being back much nicer weather.

Whilst we were there a friend of ours booked with Easyjet in September from Gatwick to Heraklion for 52 pounds return!!!  Guess he must have been lucky.

I certainly hope they continue flying during the winter as this will make it much easier for us.  To get to Newcastle we had to do three flights; Hania-Athens, Athens-Gatwick, Gatwick Newcastle.  Not fun.

Happy New Year to you all

Ali and Dave

Hi Ali and Dave

Nice to think you had a visit to the UK. Best wishes for the New Year etc.

If you are one of the very first to book any easyjet flight then the prices can be very cheap indeed. I have been flying Newcastle to London for £13 including all taxes. Worth remembering when they open bookings for the 2009 season. I have a horrible feeling they may cease flying after 27 September - which is useless even for our October visit.

If by any chance they do fly over the winter period then as far as we are concerned you are going to get at least one couple visiting Plakias during the Winter.

John and Gillian

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 02:14:50 PM »
Quote from: Butties
Quote from: Mike G
Quote from: George
Quote from: Butties
although we 'found' a really nice 'Plakias-like' place in Samos, but that is another story for those who might want to know.
Butties.
Pythagarion??  
george g...
I'd hazard a guess at Kambos (also known as Votsalakia).
Mike
Close, very close guys, the much smaller fishing village of Ormos Marathoukambos just around the headland eastwards from Kambos/ Votsalakia.  
Like a smaller version of Plakias, I'll take a guess and say it was like Plakias probably was 20 or so years ago, i.e. not yet discovered!
Hello Mark,

I agree this is pleasant resort; however I don't think it has a "far end" beach which is a must for many on this forum. In other respects it ticks the same boxes as Plakias. Neighbouring Kambos has access to such a beach, about 45 mins walk away, although there is a small rocky one nearer.

I agree with what Shinaria said in a different topic that my visit to Plakias this year could be my last if the developments behind the far end spoil things. Plakias ticks all the boxes for me. Tingaki (Kos) has the same feel as Plakias and, agruably, a better "far end" beach but the hinterland isn't so attractive for exploring on foot or in a car. Paleohora also has an excellent beach but although there are plenty of options for those hiring a car, walks from the resort aren't as good as Plakias.

Plakias is changing faster than other resorts I go to and I'm really hoping the day doesn't come when it has changed so much I no longer want to go there.

Mike

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2008, 09:31:22 PM »
Well we have just booked with EasyJet and the prices were pretty good compared to the others (XL, First Choice, Monarch etc).

We paid £290 ish for the both of us flying out on the 12th of September. Would have preferred a week later but nevermind.

Flights are earlier meaning I need a half day on the Friday but that does mean we shall hopefully be in Plakias for 11:00 pm just in time for a night out

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.results4u.co.uk
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2008, 11:06:46 PM »
Quote from: Ploppy
Well we have just booked with EasyJet and the prices were pretty good compared to the others (XL, First Choice, Monarch etc).

We paid £290 ish for the both of us flying out on the 12th of September. Would have preferred a week later but nevermind.

Flights are earlier meaning I need a half day on the Friday but that does mean we shall hopefully be in Plakias for 11:00 pm just in time for a night out

Hello all

Sorry been very absent from the forum recently. Too busy at work to look let alone post & never feel like sitting in the office upstairs when I get in around 10pm, today though we've caught up & gone wireless so I can enjoy hours sitting in comfort reading & posting & most importantly sipping wine  

Anyway we are just glad Easy Jet doing route from Manchester as we had already booked GB airways for June a a very good price.

Times still earlier but as you say just in time for a few beers at the hotel (Livicon)

Rowena

Offline johnwhit

• View Profile
    • http://
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2008, 04:04:49 PM »
Easyjet have just announced they expect to fly to 15 destinations from Manchester by 2010.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2008, 08:19:14 AM »
Friends alerted me to their ex BA October return flight now via easyjet being confirmed.  Looking at the easyjet site I find that they are now accepting bookings to/from Crete in October from both Manchester and Gatwick. My dummy booking run close to  my hol dates from 23 Set to 10 Oct made a total for two passengers of £224 return via Manchester. That is very much cheaper than my XL flights would have been had I not got them free with Tesco Tokens !!

John R