Author Topic: Hello !  (Read 4227 times)

Offline jann

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Hello !
« on: April 20, 2007, 07:34:57 PM »
Hi there. thought I'd better introduce myself, I registered yesterday.
OH and I first went to Plakias I think?  in 1992 (would have to check) and fell in love with it  Have also been to other parts of Crete, Ag Nik, Sitia and Ierapatra but love Plakias best. Have also travelled to other islands Lesbos, Thassos, Zakynthos.
In 1990 we travelled overland on our BMW motorbike through the old Yugoslavia to Greece and toured mainland but also diverting over to Zakynthos as our daughter was living there at the time.
Still, we always intended returning to Plakias.
The last few years Mike has been too ill to travel so we haven't been anywhere, but, I was browsing the net the other day and discovered some properties for sale in Plakias ! Well, that has set us off again and led me to discover this site which is great.  
I noticed last year there were some posts about the new development and wondered if anyone has any up to date information ? the ad I saw said there were 2 left !  
Even if we never get back to Plakias I will enjoy hearing about all your exploits, that is , if you don't mind ? regards Jann

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello !
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 09:29:44 PM »
Quote from: jann
OH and I first went to Plakias I think?  in 1992 (would have to check) and fell in love with it  Have also been to other parts of Crete, Ag Nik, Sitia and Ierapatra but love Plakias best. Have also travelled to other islands Lesbos, Thassos, Zakynthos.
In 1990 we travelled overland on our BMW motorbike through the old Yugoslavia to Greece and toured mainland but also diverting over to Zakynthos as our daughter was living there at the time.
The last few years Mike has been too ill to travel so we haven't been anywhere, but, I was browsing the net the other day and discovered some properties for sale in Plakias ! Well, that has set us off again and led me to discover this site which is great.  
I noticed last year there were some posts about the new development and wondered if anyone has any up to date information ? the ad I saw said there were 2 left !  
Even if we never get back to Plakias I will enjoy hearing about all your exploits, that is , if you don't mind ? regards Jann
Glad you've found the site Jann. It's two years now since we've visited Plakias but I get my daily 'fix' from this site. As for the new properties, according to the website there have just been 2 properties left for the last 6 months - either the information's not been updated or there's something wrong with them  

Offline jann

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello !
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 07:35:17 PM »
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen
Glad you've found the site Jann. It's two years now since we've visited Plakias but I get my daily 'fix' from this site. As for the new properties, according to the website there have just been 2 properties left for the last 6 months - either the information's not been updated or there's something wrong with them  
Thanks for your reply Graham and Karen,  Yes I'll be here for 'my' daily fix I think. I can't see us actually going back for some time but it's lovely to hear how things are there now from other Plakias fans. Have you any plans to go back this year ?

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Hello !
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 09:24:09 PM »
oh yes!  we'll be back in in four weeks, 3 days, 13 hours

not that we're counting

Offline jann

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello !
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 11:00:04 PM »
Quote from: harribobs

not that we're counting
   Lucky you !  I'd be interested to know if the new building development is started yet and what it's like ?  

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello !
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 08:20:17 AM »
Thanks for your reply Graham and Karen,  Yes I'll be here for 'my' daily fix I think. I can't see us actually going back for some time but it's lovely to hear how things are there now from other Plakias fans. Have you any plans to go back this year ?

No plans and unlikely for this year  but we haven't booked anything else yet so who knows ...

Offline The Murrays

• View Profile
Hello !
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 12:49:21 PM »
Quote from: harribobs

not that we're counting

Lucky you, I think It's 18 weeks for us till our Plakias Fix!