login

Author Topic: Place to stay for 4  (Read 4015 times)

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
Place to stay for 4
« on: January 09, 2003, 02:53:26 PM »
Kalimera everybody! Hope you all feel comfort with the new year...
We do! esp. as we will go to Crete this year again being abscent for the last three summers. We hope to be able to get an accommodation at the sophia or the secret nest again.
As our second son David was born in June last year we might have to look for something else, `cause most of the rooms they have to let were a little bit small for all of us.
Would anyone of you be willing and able to recommend a place to stay in Plakias for a family with 2 little childs? Maybe a house or an appartement with 2 connected rooms, balcony, etc.

Thank you all

shinaria
[elke, allan joshua, david and alfred ]

Offline Karen T

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Place to stay for 4
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 12:55:21 PM »

Hi Shinaria

Try Ifigenia Pension - we've stayed there many times in the past, both as a couple and since we've had kids.  The last time we were there was in 2000 when our children were 6 and 2 and we are staying there again this May when we go back to Plakias (our kids are now 8 & 4).  There used to be 2 apartments for 4 people and the rest was rooms for 2.  The place has been extensively refurbished, I believe, since we were last there and they have converted several of their rooms into apartments for 4.  Information can be found on the interkriti site (www.interkriti.org) but I will paste below part of an e-mail I received from Donna & Manoussos this week which gives more details about the accomodation.  Hope this helps!

Karen

Just to give you the new layout

Apartment nos 1

New Fully fitted kitchen, oven large fridge freezer cupboards air-conditioning, 2 separate bedrooms, one double bed 2 singles, New bathroom shower / bath, WC basin. (washing machine?)New bigger balcony patio.

50 euros per night

Studio nos 2

Kitchenette, 2 Hobbs fridge freezer basin, air conditioning

bathroom with WC bath/ shower, 2 twin beds, private balcony

25 euros per night 2 persons
20 euros per night1 person

Apartment nos 3

Large open plan kitchen with oven large fridge freezer, with 2 single beds, separate bedroom with double bed, bathroom with 2 doors entrance via double bedroom or kitchen area.

Air conditioning, balcony

Apartment nos 4

same as apartment nose 1 but upstairs

Nos 5

twin room, private balcony, wc shower and basin, air con

18 euros per night 1 person
20 euros per night 2 person

Nos 6

same as apartment 3

Offline Susan K

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Place to stay for 4
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 05:43:21 PM »
I stayed at the Ifigenia last year in the refurbished apartment upstairs. It is quite big and spacious. I would just like to add that if you have children you would need a car as there is quite an uphill hike from the village to the apartment. You would struggle with a buggy and you couldn't just pop out to the shop if you had forgotten something.

I also thought it was a little noisy at night as the locals are there most evenings and I did miss my sea view!  

The owner Mannoussos and his wife were very helpful if you needed anything and he did breakfast if you wanted it in the mornings.

Susan

Offline Karen T

• View Profile
    • Email
Place to stay for 4
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2003, 08:11:21 PM »
True, Ifigenia is a little way out of town (it is situated just behind Oasis Pension which is next to the petrol station just on the junction of the road leading up to Mirthios and that leading down to Plakias) but it is ideally situated for both Plakias and Damnoni beaches.  A car is advantageous and I would recommend Moto Plakias for this - if you hire a car from them at any time during your stay, they will also organise transfers from Iraklion to Plakias.  Donna will give details of how to contact them.  The proprietors of Moto Plakias are, if I remember, Manolis and Marianne (she is Dutch and speaks excellent English) and they have been very reasonable when we have used them.

As Susan says, there is a taverna also attached to the Pension but though the locals are there at night, we have never really been particularly bothered by the noise.  Maybe we are deep sleepers or maybe it was just that we went fairly early in the season (April - May).  

Talking of tavernas, I would highly recommend "Finikas" taverna which is run by our friends Kostas & Maria.  This is situated a short 5 minute walk from Ifigenia, signposted down a track off to the left  from the main road down into Plakias just before you go down the hill (just before the "welcome to Plakias" sign).  The food is excellent - due to both Maria and to Kosta's mum! - and the view across the bay in an evening is gorgeous.

Just thinking about all this is making me long for the end of May when we return after our 3 year absence!

Love Karen

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
Place to stay for 4
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2003, 10:24:12 AM »
Hello!
Thank you all very much for your answers!!!
We will walk along and have a look at the sites as we were able to get an appartement at the "sofia beach"!  ! 16th June ´til 7th July! Hope thing haven´t changed so much since our last time in Plakias in 1999?! Especially we hope they didn´t put some Tavernas and hotels right on "the far end" of the beach...

See you
shinaria