Author Topic: Manchester to Heraklion 2015  (Read 2762 times)

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
Manchester to Heraklion 2015
« on: May 05, 2015, 05:30:48 PM »
Hi all, does any one know which airline Olympic are using for there main flights this year. We booked last year for Plakias and it had Germania as the airline but so far I haven't seen them on Manchester departure / arrival boards.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Manchester to Heraklion 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 12:21:48 PM »
I booked through Olympic and they are using Jet2 from east midlands.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 01:11:23 PM »
Hi Kalloni,

We're booked from Manchester in August with Germania.  If the Olympic season only started this week, maybe they haven't yet started the Germania flight, and are using existing flights due to small numbers.  I remember looking on the Manchester website early on in the season when we were going last year, and not finding Germania.

Arnaki

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 11:04:55 AM »
Thanks for the replies, I will check on the departures from manchester again next month to see if they have introduced the Germania flights. Thanks Arnaki.
East Midlands seen to be pretty settled with jet2 We have used them quite a few times over the years, it's a pity they don't use them as the main carrier from Manchester. Thanks Barny.

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 10:13:56 AM »
We have booked from Gatwick for the last few years and have always been told Germania but ended up with Smart Wings so not sure if they extend their services to other UK airports. Still haven't had the airline confirmed from what I can see this year......as long as I get there !

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 12:31:23 PM »
According to Manchester Airport website the Germania flights to Heraklion start next Tuesday, 12 May.

Olympic has one Germania plane at Manchester, which presumably covers as many of its flights from Manchester as possible. I do sometimes worry about what happens if the one plane goes technical, but fortunately I have not had any issues.

Looking forward to checking departures and arrivals, as part of the countdown to the holiday. Sad, I know.

Arnaki