Author Topic: New Plakias Recruits  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
New Plakias Recruits
« on: August 19, 2014, 12:45:56 PM »
I was talking to a young couple from Derbyshire today who have been here for a week and asked them if they had had a good time.  They said they had had a great time and would definitely be coming back.  They told me they had been to Egypt and Turkey on holiday but found the Greeks to be the most genuine and loved the way they had been treated and looked after during the week.  Considering it was one of the busiest weeks I have known in the 12 summers we have now been here, I think this is great to hear.  I know comments have been made about 'greed' down here but I believe the reaction from this couple is much nearer to the truth.

Offline Yvonne

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: New Plakias Recruits
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 11:53:30 AM »
Oh, Greeks every time. Lovely people.

Offline robludlow

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 01:23:06 PM »
Yes. Something I've been guilty of almost taking for granted for nearly 35 years now. I still remember leaving my wallet on a beach in Corfu about 30 years ago. Eventually realised what I had done, after half an hour I rushed back in a mad panic. A busy beach, but there was the wallet exactly where it had slipped out of my pocket.
Same thing e.g. With motor bikes abandoned at the kerbside for several years. Greek view is " don't move it, it belongs to somebody and they might come back for it."!

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 07:38:23 PM »
My first visit to Greece was Thasos in 1973. 3 week stay and the only crime was a bunch of boys taking a ball to play footie. They left it around after they finished!

I used to bite my nails to the quick but came back from that holiday with talons! So idyllic.