Author Topic: i-Greeks  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
i-Greeks
« on: July 15, 2014, 05:15:23 AM »
I suppose it seemed reasonable to let the ancient Greeks have the wheel, but then some idiot let them have the infernal combustion injun,
What I want to know is, which sadomasochist also allowed them to have the Mobile phone? 

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: i-Greeks
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 12:01:23 PM »
I guess the same one that let the rest of europe have them.

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 03:25:31 PM »
And the satellite dishes ! When I first visited there was one TV set (black & white) linked up to the electrics of one of the cafes in the village centre and using a very long antenna......if the picture went during one of the footie matches someone had to shin up the nearby telephone pole and shake this until the picture returned....perhaps remaining there to hold it until the end of the match. It was one of the things that endeared me to Plakias.....the determination to follow the match through no matter what ! So being able to use tablets, mobiles, laptops and all the rest of the 'modern' gubbins is (I guess) a step forward but we've found it very easy to 'forget' that they're available.....just leave it in the safe in your room ! The modern world can wait !

Offline happyashellas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 08:44:58 PM »
I suppose it seemed reasonable to let the ancient Greeks have the wheel, but then some idiot let them have the infernal combustion injun,
What I want to know is, which sadomasochist also allowed them to have the Mobile phone?

I used to love the old two stroke engines that seemed to power everything Greek back in the day. Fishing boats and the old three wheeled farmers contraptions when the engine fires once every three lamp posts. As for mobile phones, the Greeks are the only people I have seen using them whilst riding their bike/mopeds and smoking at the same time. Still not figured out what they do with their coffee whilst carrying out this manoeuvre.....
Είναι Ελλάδα έτσι δεν είναι