login

Author Topic: Plakias Nightlife  (Read 3967 times)

Offline sugardanni

• View Profile
Plakias Nightlife
« on: May 07, 2014, 12:43:52 PM »
Hi Am a little confused by many websites and reviews of Plakias nightlife, some stating it has a fairly varied nigyhtlife with some bars, plenty of restaraunts and one even mentions a disco, whilst other states there is nothing but restaaraunts and one taverna/bar. Im by no means wanting hedonistic chaos but having holidayed with my mother in previous years in Kassiopi and Pefkos in early June so not at a very busy time and am wondering how it wouold compare to places like those. I would be coming on the 17th June for a week.

Thanks  :)

Offline triton

• View Profile
Re: Plakias Nightlife
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 03:44:40 PM »
Everyone is different what they want out of a holiday and i have read many articles about lots of places before making decisions on where to go in Greece for a holiday.
 Planning is good to get the maximum out of your holiday.  I usually do this in winter.
We prefer self catering and there are plenty of eating places in Plakias to choose from in and around the area. Total freedom !
Last year we went to a Taverna in Souda (wed ) and Myrtios (sat) and enjoyed LIVE Cretan music, much better than disco's. Showing my age now i suppose !!
Some fantastic beaches and the scenery is stunning.  Don't just hang around in the resort, get out and about, you will enjoy the adventure.
Sure you will enjoy Plakias and go back again-------We are !!!

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:58:07 PM by triton750 »

Offline Bertie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 04:27:12 PM »
There are plenty of tavernas in Plakias, all of which serve much the same menu, and several bars but only one disco. This is close to the harbour and is quite noisy at night but, as it's the only one, it's easy to get away from. If you don't like noise at night I suggest you take a room away from the harbour and the main road which runs the length of the front.
None of the other bars is noisy though several of them show Sky sports.

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 05:08:01 PM »
Plakias is very laid back. You can find a vibrant night life if you look but, equally, you can access quiet tavernas or local music. The Ostraca Bar has an upstairs dance floor and offers a mix of current and past hits - great of you like the 1980s and 1990s. I think the Forum offers some music too but I'm never awake late enough to dance all night !
None of the music seems to intrude on the general peace and quiet....if anything the frogs and insects are noisier and hidden from view but you can choose where to stay and you only need to choose somewhere just a short walk from the main highstreet to enjoy almost silence.
We like Plakias because you have the choice and it's not forced on you...hope you enjoy it too.