Author Topic: Thread for Friends of Christos  (Read 2838 times)

Offline stavros

• Also Pedro_on_Tour on Tripadvisor
    • View Profile
Thread for Friends of Christos
« on: September 13, 2013, 07:51:39 AM »
We ate at Christos last night and it was superb. Will review later on Tripadvisor and copy to here. Any other fans? (I know it has detractors too.)
Visiting Greece and Crete since 1984

Offline stavros

• Also Pedro_on_Tour on Tripadvisor
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for Friends of Christos
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 08:46:57 AM »
Here is our review:

Some people appear to not have had a good experience at Christos, but ours had been fine in the past, so we decided to eat there again, and were not disappointed.

The location is lovely, with tables set amongst tamarisk trees (with their trunks painted white in the old Greek way.) It was calm when we were there, but for windy Plakias weather, there are substantial screens around the dining area.

Our food was excellent. Shared starter of stuffed courgette flowers was plentiful (10 pieces?) and the stuffing was based on glutinous risotto-type rice which absorbed all of the cooking flavours. Mains were lamb and red mullet, both from the specials list. The arni was tender and tasty, with both leg meat and some scrag end cutlets for contrast. The barbounia were sweet and delicious. Both were presented in the old Greek fashion: a few chips with the lamb, and a simple  piece of lemon to squeeze over the fish.

Wine was the house rose: the waiter explained that they do not have bought-in white wine by the jug, but only their own production (the rose). He brought us a glass to try before we ordered. No raki offered, but such a huge plate of fruit (honeydew and water melons, sweet seedless grapes) that hospitality was not in doubt.

The bill was a bit more than we would usually pay, but that was due to the fresh fish
Visiting Greece and Crete since 1984

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thread for Friends of Christos
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 05:04:12 PM »
Is it something about time of day? I have just left a post re my complete disappointment with Christos but we only ever had lunch there. I prefer to give people the benefit of doubt but became disenchanted with Christos, despite 'trying' to like it for sentimental reasons (had first meal in Plakias there with lady who is now my wife).

Are evenings different? I would love to be wrong on this one.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:38:35 AM by Richard »