Author Topic: Full time report ?  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
Full time report ?
« on: September 23, 2020, 09:00:06 AM »
Ok, now that 2020 season is just about over in Plakias, time for those lucky ( or brave ) enough to visit this year to share their experience of Plakias this year under very unusual conditions.

What did you find different ? What is new and what is no longer there ?
How was the journey to and from Plakias with all the restrictions ?
How was the airport and airplane experience for you ?
How many visitors and from what nationality were they ?
What were the tavernas like, full every night, part full or some not opening ?
Same for the bars ?
How was the beach and sun bed situation?
Accommodation all open or some still closed ?
Any new building work done, being done or planned ?
Were the safety guidelines being followed in bars, tavernas, shops, supermarkets etc ?
Did the September festival take place ?
And how did our friends the Plakias people cope with this trying year ?
What are their hopes and fears for 2021 ?

And finally, if things do not improve, a vaccine is not available and restrictions are still in place, what are your views on 2021 Plakias holidays ?
But I hope and pray that that is not so, restrictions are lifted and we can re visit in June and September next year.

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Full time report ?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 05:13:35 PM »
Enjoying myself in Livikon right now.

And in answer to your numorous queries, the answers are as follows (not necessarily in order of the questions)

Yes
No
Lots
Good
Many
Warm
Numorous
No
Lots
Your kidding
Yes
Nothing
Good
Don't care, already booked for next June

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 05:35:55 PM »
Sorry missed some

Very hot

Cheap

I would, but the sand gets in your bits

LOL

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 10:33:19 PM »
I went Aug 27th - Sep 5th, and found it not as different as I'd have expected.

Busier than I'd thought, though I usually visit mid-May or Mid-Sep, though certainly not very busy; loungers on the beach, looked to be the usual number but I don't use them, so can't be sure. New hotel very evident, as well as a new supermarket by Galini Beach apartments, at the start of Paligremnos beach, big but ugly. Assume that this is intended to serve the hotel.

Most Tavernas open, apparently closing early but I eat at about 19:30 anyway, not full but busy-ish. Masks on in shops, I forgot on entering once or twice then put mine on, but nobody growled.

Temp 33-35ÂșC for the first few days, apparently a bit cooler after I left. Used BA scheduled, flight full-ish both ways. Going again early Oct, all being well, will post again then.

Offline Peter G

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 09:23:04 AM »
Weve been here since 8th September and apart from less people Plakias is pretty normal.  Other than wearing a mask when shopping it seems to be pretty safe here, I always keep abreast of happenings elsewhere and this is like being on another planet compared to back home. The only inconvenience we've had is that no sooner had we arrived Jet2 said they wouldn't be taking us home on 6th October. So, we booked a return with Ryanair on the same date from Chania. Mr O' Leary will be running his hands with glee. All the taverna are open as usual but their takings must be well down, in Sifis last night only ten people, not good for Saturday.  Its perhaps too soon to say we are glad we took the plunge cos we could still catch something nasty on the home,  but Georgia in Livikon has just said she doesn't think there's much chance of that when returning from Crete. In Kostas X there are now only six English people, a couple who've been here a while and two friends who've just joined us joined us after spending a couple of weeks in Paleochora. Plenty of German people who apparently have less restrictions.

Offline Peter G

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 08:17:50 AM »
ps  The worst thing that has happened to us on this holiday is not related to Plakias but may be of interest to all lovers of Greece. We were very sad to see that some of our favourite resorts in Kefallonia were decimated by medicane, particularly beautiful little Assos which was largely destroyed. We donated to the relief fund which is being led by the  the author Sharon Taylor who, along with many other volunteers are doing sterling work there.

Offline mickydripping

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 09:31:11 AM »
Can I second your thoughts.....I often go to Ay. Efemia, which was badly flooded for the second time in 12 months.

Offline Peter G

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 10:02:27 AM »
We have always stayed in Aghia Efimia and are worried about our friends there. Not been for a couple of years but it was heartbreaking to see the online footage. Let's hope Micky that everybody is safe and well.

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 07:46:30 AM »
To the comment above, I was pretty much in a minority of one, end Aug-early Sep, mainly Germans in both the tavernas and accommodation (Skinos).