Author Topic: Kosmar  (Read 29807 times)

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
Kosmar
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 02:35:36 PM »
On the other thread in this topic - are there any Dutch packages to Plakias?  Getting to Schipol is easy from Manchester.

Yes about 4 different operators, they will reveal their pricelists etc as from first week of December.
Neckerman - Arke - Thomas Cook -  Sunweb from  Amsterdam (Schiphol) and Rotterdam (Zestienhoven = TIP)

Brussels  - Thomas Cook Belgium might be an option as well

Kalo taxidi

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 03:01:04 PM »
Quote from: Kerstin
...from Germany you can go with Neckermann-Germany (www.neckermann-reisen.de) and you can find the same operator in Austria. ...

Hi, Kerstin,

Neckermann also fly from Amsterdam and Brussels (http://neckermann.nl/) - but they don't seem to have summer 2008 details on the website yet.

Quote from: George
...  they blanked me out with Chania from Gatwick. Heraklion seems to be prefered... by them anyway!

Cost reduction at the cost of choice for the customer??? ...

Chania flights used Kosmar's 767 (or one of them) and 767's are suitable for trans-Atlantic flights - the pound is much stronger than the dollar - I wonder how Kosmar will be redeploying their aircraft
Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.

Offline Robin Young

• View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 05:46:11 PM »
Quote from: Daniel
I now need to find the best firms for car hire to get us from the airport to Plakias and back again
What should I expect to pay for,say a Corsa sized car, for 2 weeks, picking up and dropping of at Chania airport?

You could try Creta 2000 Which operates from Damnoni and will meet and take you back to the airport.

Tel. No. 28320 20045. Email damnoni@otenet.gr. I used them this year and found them to be excellent
at a reasonable price.

Robin Young

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Kosmar
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 07:16:39 PM »
Hi, Kerstin,

Neckermann also fly from Amsterdam and Brussels (http://neckermann.nl/) - but they don't seem to have summer 2008 details on the website yet.

Hello Chas,

Yes, I know it. Many airports are available on the German website and we can book the complete summer season.
Approx. three weeks ago we have booked our flights with Condor (Neckermann is going only with Condor) from Leipzig to Heraklion
for the next May.
During the last years we had flights to Chania, because the timetable was more suitable for us. From the coming summer season the
night flights on our airport are forbidden and therefore we had many problems to find flights which are going out during the weekend.

Kerstin

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 08:11:55 AM »
Hi Daniel

I used 'JUST' last year and they gave me the best deal 725 Euros for 22 days (Jimny), pick up and drop at Chania. I told Freddie and he sent me to see Antonios at Monza. He quoted me 800 Euros for exactly the same deal for next year. That's still 200 Euros cheaper than the next best quote, so as I would prefer to use Plakias based companies I will go to Monza next year.
As far as I know they haven't got a website, but I will bring in their email address tomorrow for you.

george g...
Hi Daniel

As promised:

monzatravel@ret.forthnet.gr

Put: 'FAO Antonios Monza Plakias' in the subject box.

Tel: 28320 31433 - 31923
Fax: 28320 31883

Hope this helps!

george g...

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 08:53:03 AM »
Hi

Some bad news, have been told by two people (1 travel agent, 1 Kosmar customer, not Kosmarthemselves) from the UK that Kosmar are not coming to Plakias next year.  If you have already booked I suggest you get this checked out.

I'm out job hunting

Ali

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 09:02:11 AM »
Quote from: Ali & Dave
Hi

Some bad news, have been told by two people (1 travel agent, 1 Kosmar customer, not Kosmarthemselves) from the UK that Kosmar are not coming to Plakias next year.  If you have already booked I suggest you get this checked out.

I'm out job hunting

Ali
Thanks Ali, good luck in the job hunt.  

george g...

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 01:36:13 PM »
An interesting thought, UK clients booking to Plakias with tour operators in Holland, Germany, etc. Is it likely they would accept UK bookings, or maybe under EU law they would have to? I would have thought that the cost of travel to the European airport would be such as to make it an non-runner but would be interested to know if anyone has costed it.

Ali, can I add mine to George's best wishes re. finding a new job. Maybe with Olympic! I didn't meet her, but their 2007 rep. didn't seem to meet with the universal approval that Morven did.

Mike

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
Kosmar
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 02:09:12 PM »
Hi Daniel

I used 'JUST' last year and they gave me the best deal 725 Euros for 22 days (Jimny), pick up and drop at Chania. I told Freddie and he sent me to see Antonios at Monza. He quoted me 800 Euros for exactly the same deal for next year. That's still 200 Euros cheaper than the next best quote, so as I would prefer to use Plakias based companies I will go to Monza next year.
As far as I know they haven't got a website, but I will bring in their email address tomorrow for you.

george g...
Hi Daniel

As promised:

monzatravel@ret.forthnet.gr

Put: 'FAO Antonios Monza Plakias' in the subject box.

Tel: 28320 31433 - 31923
Fax: 28320 31883

Hope this helps!

george g...

George:

Thanks for the information.

I will use it early in 2008 when I get round to booking a car.

I'm off to Majorca tomorow for a weeks break.
Not Plakias quality but....

By the way, only my mother calls me Daniel and then only when I upset her!!

Danny, please.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 03:14:34 PM »
Hi

I'm out job hunting

Ali

Best of luck with that Ali - and everything else (and Dave). Not nice when you at the sharp end are last to know, but that sort of thing seems to happen all to often. Thanks for all the help you give to us all - outside as well as inside the (ex) Kosmar environment

John R

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Kosmar
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 07:49:12 PM »
Quote from: Mike G
An interesting thought, UK clients booking to Plakias with tour operators in Holland, Germany, etc. Is it likely they would accept UK bookings, or maybe under EU law they would have to? I would have thought that the cost of travel to the European airport would be such as to make it an non-runner but would be interested to know if anyone has costed it.

Mike

Hello Mike,

what an interesting aspect. At the moment I do not know an exact answer. I would try to get an answer from our travel agency.
During the last days they offered flights for two persons with an amount of approx. 450,00 Euro from Germany to Heraklion or Chania
and back. The stay must be 2 weeks. If the stay is longer than it could be cheaper. The price depends also from the start of the
several school holidays in Germany. I would imagine the trip from Great Britain to a German airport is possible but expensive and
it takes a long time.

Kerstin

(By the way... I hope the sentences are clearly understandable.)

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 11:40:20 AM »
I'm out job hunting

Ali

good luck Ali!!

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 01:45:02 PM »
Quote from: beachcombers
On the other thread in this topic - are there any Dutch packages to Plakias?  Getting to Schipol is easy from Manchester.

Yes about 4 different operators, they will reveal their pricelists etc as from first week of December.

Neckerman - Arke - Thomas Cook -  Sunweb from  Amsterdam (Schiphol) and Rotterdam (Zestienhoven = TIP)

Kalo taxidi

I have long believed (with no real evidence) that foreign package holidays are more expensive in most of continental Europe than the UK. One example of where "rip-off Britain" doesn't seem to apply.

Mike

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2007, 02:01:50 PM »
Quote from: Mike G

Kalo taxidi

I have long believed (with no real evidence) that foreign package holidays are more expensive in most of continental Europe than the UK. One example of where "rip-off Britain" doesn't seem to apply.

Mike

I have the same impression, except, the continental companies do not seem to shave every cost to the absolute limit as is often the case with British companies. For instance, the Germans (picking them because we see them the most) often get better rooms, more civilised flight times etc. I think we come back to the truth of you get what you pay for.

Mike P

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2007, 06:27:40 PM »

Kalo taxidi

Hartelijk bedankt  

{Ja, Ik ben een Engelsman dat kan een beetje Nederlands gespreek!}
Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.