login

Author Topic: Olympic 2019  (Read 9482 times)

Offline Frank And Julie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Olympic 2019
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2019, 07:09:15 AM »
The latest on he rep thing is that there is a rep who is based in Plakias for 2 or 3 days a week, she visits all the hotels makes up the welcome packs and advises of your departure date/time, also arranges and organise welcome meetings, she has very good local knowledge and will deal with any questions / problems you have, I have heard she is very good, you can also contact her by phone and there is a new app which you can book trips and get info from produced by Olympic.

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2019, 03:31:05 PM »
Anyone know where you can get this Olympic App from?????
I've tried the Olympic web page, and Google store and search with no joy.

Thanks in advance

Offline Frank And Julie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2019, 06:05:02 PM »
The app is called "Hangout on holiday" it is not just an Olympic app it covers loads of tour operators for many destinations.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 06:06:49 PM by Frank And Julie »

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2019, 05:52:34 AM »
Thanks for that, installing now, and will have a play today

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2019, 02:37:42 PM »
For those Olympic clients who are already thinking about 2020, I have been told that they will have no charter flights to anywhere next year, instead exclusively using third party carriers such as easyJet, Thomas Cook, Tui, etc. This means that no holidays will have a transfer included, although for resorts within a reasonable distance of an airport a coach transfer will be an optional extra.

The only options for Plakias will be to make your own arrangements (taxi or bus) or pay Olympic's exorbitant charge for a taxi. So those lucky Manchester clients who had a taxi transfer at Olympic's expense this year will be in the same boat as those from Gatwick next year. Olympic is offering a decent choice of airports and fly to Heraklion 5 days of the week.

Offline JeanW

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 12:21:45 PM »
Sad to say I wont be going to Plakias again next year as well as many of my friends.  Missed this year as the cost of the transfer makes for an expensive holiday. Still on the plus side I have found another Greek Island ( Kalymnos) where Olympic include transfers.  Every cloud etc etc…

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2019, 05:02:27 PM »
What can I say, but as a newbie I was lucky enough to get two cheap solo holidays under £350 for a week in June to Plakias (including transfers and baggage) in 2016 and 2017. This year I paid for 9 nights via Booking dot com and a good return day flight from Leeds and Bradford and night flight back with baggage giving me 10 days to play with. The cost for both was just over £400 then a hire car at 27 Euros per day. The freedom and scenery from the car was stunning so maybe we just have to pay a bit more, and in my case, "grow a pair" as they say, and go for it. An amazing holiday was had with the daily road trips up in the hills and along the beautiful South coast.
If you really want to do something then you can (if you have a driving licence that is).

Offline reddiablo

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2019, 07:03:29 PM »
The app is called "Hangout on holiday" it is not just an Olympic app it covers loads of tour operators for many destinations.

thanks for this app , I will peruse it .
I was just in Plakias may 23 to June first
flew to Athens from ny ny , we live in Tampa FL and my partner used her passes from delta (retiree)
coming back to Plakias July 24 next year and intention is to take my yankee gal up to Manchester/leicester after Crete
so would need a one way from preferably Chania , that's where we will arrive from Athens inward journey
any suggestions. I have perused some travel sites and had moderate success with jet2 and tug
any advice would be appreciated
we will fly virgin Atlantic Manchester to Orlando ( using passes I hope)
yassas