login

Author Topic: Minoiko  (Read 7960 times)

Offline Regulars since 1992

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
Minoiko
« on: September 25, 2012, 11:19:09 PM »
Just back from another great two weeks in Plakias staying as ever at the excellent Stella Studios. Soon established four favourite places for eating out. The Medusa, Harakas, Antonis and somewhere new for us this year the brilliant Minoiko. The latter is situated approx 200m from the front down the road leading towards the youth hostel. We really recommend people try it. Great food and service and decent prices plus attractive surroundings and very clean. Equally as good as our favourites over the years the Medusa and Harakas.

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
Re: Minoiko
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 08:02:22 PM »
Minoiko so good I am drooling thinking about her food. Such lovely people too.

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 04:28:58 PM »
We fully agree, Lampyland. A real shame that few tables were occupied most of the nights we ate there, but it did seem to be getting busier just before we came home.

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 09:30:18 AM »
It is such a shame more people do not eat there. It was always like this when we were eating. Shared the Taverna with one other couple the whole Holiday. The food is excellent.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:16:21 PM by Lampyland »

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 04:33:34 PM »
The pics bring back great memories. Let's just hope we can help to spread the word and people try the place for themselves. We all know they won't be disappointed and will for sure return.

Offline Stuart & Hilary

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 07:41:20 AM »
Let's just hope we can help to spread the word and people try the place for themselves. We all know they won't be disappointed and will for sure return.
Well we did exactly that last night. Without the forum we would have walked right by. An empty taverna  at 8pm is not a great selling point. As Plakias is still busy we would normally assume that customers had voted with their feet. Anyway the food was great, the service good and the taverna well appointed. Another couple arrived just before we left but Minoiko is going to struggle to establish itself because of its location..

Stuart

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 02:49:12 PM »
Perhaps it would help them if some forum participants put up comments on a few of the review sites. I havn't eaten there for 3 years or so, so my comments would look stale.

It would be a pity to see a good taverna close for a second time.

Offline Stuart & Hilary

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »
Perhaps it would help them if some forum participants put up comments on a few of the review sites.
It would be a pity to see a good taverna close for a second time.

Sounds a good idea Mike, I know of  trip advisor but maybe there are others.

Stuart

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 04:32:44 PM »
Just had a quick look on Google. Tripadviser seems to have assimilated or seen off the others. Are they now a monopoly?

Offline Stuart & Hilary

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 08:26:04 AM »
Minoiko is not listed on Tripadvisor but I have submitted their name. Not too sure how procedures work but hopefully in a few days it will appear & those wanting to add a review can. The only other review site that I am aware of is Qype which is mainly London based.

Stuart

Offline Stuart & Hilary

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 12:24:38 PM »
Minoiko is now on tripadvisor. com for anyone wanting to submit a review. Since adding it one other review has appeared. BUT unfortunately it does not show on the Plakias restaurants site which is not too helpful. I have written asking for it to be put on but so far with no success. For anyone wanting to add a review go to restaurants and put in Minoiko, Plakias.
Stuart

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
Minoiko
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 09:45:29 PM »
I added another review and a couple of photographs, have another couple to add taken by my partner. Have also asked trip advisor to include Minoiko in listed Plakias restaurants. Have brought the subject up on trip advisor Plakias forum with a link to the reviews. I so hope Minoiko will be open again in 2013.

Offline Mij Welch

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 05:47:30 PM »
Let's just hope we can help to spread the word and people try the place for themselves. We all know they won't be disappointed and will for sure return.
Well we did exactly that last night. Without the forum we would have walked right by. An empty taverna  at 8pm is not a great selling point. As Plakias is still busy we would normally assume that customers had voted with their feet. Anyway the food was great, the service good and the taverna well appointed. Another couple arrived just before we left but Minoiko is going to struggle to establish itself because of its location..

Stuart

Sorry not to have said Hello, Stuart & Hilary - the other couple was us!  Our first time at Minoiko, and we only went because of this forum.  We ordered fried zucchini, meatballs, green beans in tomato sauce and village sausage with onions and peppers - especially good.  With a carafe of red wine - 23.50 euros.  Very good food and service with a free raki - shame it was only us in.
We went again on the 14th October, with only us in apart from family, the special was beef in tomato sauce - lovely - and couldn't resist the village sausage again.  We shared courgette croquettes - fantastically light and tasty.  With the wine the total was 20 euros, and a free raki and raisins in syrup!  Hope this will encourage people to try it out now and in 2013 - all being well. 
Have to mention the "mikra", a lovely girl with excellent English.
Have to have sausages for tea now!
Regards, Jim & Pauline.

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 08:09:20 PM »
We'll definitely be eating there again next September as long as they are still open. Fingers crossed:-)