Author Topic: hiking maps  (Read 3826 times)

Offline karen

• View Profile
hiking maps
« on: September 25, 2006, 11:01:26 AM »
what is the best hiking map for plakias and can i get one there, any info would be a great help.  Of to plakias on tuesday!

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
hiking maps
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 02:11:37 PM »
Quote from: karen
what is the best hiking map for plakias and can i get one there, any info would be a great help.  Of to plakias on tuesday!
Hello Karen,

I use the Lance Chilton one that comes with his Plakias Walks book(s) from Marengo publications. See their website. It is too late for you to order by mail order but I have been told you can buy them in Plakias; if you are going on a package tour then I'm sure either Morven or Ali will know. I'm sure the map will be fine for your needs.

Enjoy.

Mike

Offline karen

• View Profile
hiking maps
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 02:31:52 PM »
Quote from: Mike G
Hello Karen,

I use the Lance Chilton one that comes with his Plakias Walks book(s) from Marengo publications. See their website. It is too late for you to order by mail order but I have been told you can buy them in Plakias; if you are going on a package tour then I'm sure either Morven or Ali will know. I'm sure the map will be fine for your needs.

Enjoy.

Mike

Ive ordered Petrakis Rethimo part 2 from amazon, which i hope to get before Friday.  This was recommended by someone whos been there. Thanks for your info.  Counting the days now!
thanks
Karen

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
hiking maps
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 03:46:37 PM »
Hello Karen,

Enjoy.

Mike

Ive ordered Petrakis Rethimo part 2 from amazon, which i hope to get before Friday.  This was recommended by someone whos been there. Thanks for your info.  Counting the days now!
thanks
Karen

Hi Karen,

Hope you are not implying Mike has never been to Plakias. Ouch!!!  

Mike P

Offline karen

• View Profile
hiking maps
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 05:38:14 PM »
Quote from: Mike from Sussex
Hello Karen,

Enjoy.

Mike

thanks
Karen

Hi Karen,

Hope you are not implying Mike has never been to Plakias. Ouch!!!  

Mike P

sorry its taken a while to reply, work, work,work!  I now have my map my suitcase is down from the top of the wardrobe. This is my first time in Plakias.  My partner Mike has never been before either.  We have just returned from Sierra Nevada national park and had a great time, climbimg the highest mountain in Spain,over 11,000 feet! Let you know how we get on in Plakias
Karen
PS Great forum by the way

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
hiking maps
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 04:24:27 PM »
We have just returned from Sierra Nevada national park and had a great time, climbimg the highest mountain in Spain,over 11,000 feet!
Karen

At 12,198 ft., Mt. Teide on Tenerife is the highest mountain in Spain.  Sorry!  
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος