login

Author Topic: Sun Beds  (Read 55078 times)

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sun Beds
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2013, 01:14:39 PM »
Have you noticed that all these people that start these comments are 'new' to the board?
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2013, 01:48:59 PM »
Yes I have and I still respect the fact that despite going to Plakias every year for the last 18 years I still consider myself a relative newcomer and as such treat the place and the locals with respect.!

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2013, 01:54:32 PM »
I have been visiting Plakias since 2004 and on this board since 2006. I can admit I have never been to the "far end" in all that time. I like Souda beach.
It does seem though that I can stir up a hornets nest!

Tony
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2013, 01:56:35 PM »
An ice-cream van selling whippy ice-cream playing a bazouki version "Greensleeves"!!
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2013, 02:01:08 PM »
We like Souda beach the best too. If someone does not have transport or a young family etc they may not want to do the walk in the heat of July and August.
Cannot wait to be sat in the Galini Taverna after the first swim of our Holiday.
Sadly no Doughnuts on the beach, unless we keep missing out.

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2013, 02:14:52 PM »
Absolute rubbish. We are here right now (no sunbeds at all by the way to keep on topic). We are NOT far Enders but feel that the negative posts about far ender behaviour / presence have been absolute rubbish. Either join them clothed (not a problem) or choose from acres of beautiful beach away from the area. All this negative talk about the far end is doing a lot of unnecessary potential damage to the traditional Plakias (traditional since it was discovered anyway). We just do not see and have never seen any problem with that aspect of Plakias nor the people (most of our good friends) who frequent that part of the beach.
As usual John you are talking a lot of sense.

Re. an earlier post, please no watersports or "Mc-anything." Interestingly, I find McDonald's is becoming increasingly popular in France I find.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:16:46 PM by Mike G »

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »
I have been visiting Plakias since 2004 and on this board since 2006. I can admit I have never been to the "far end" in all that time. I like Souda beach.
Tony

I've been going to Plakias since 1989 and never been to Souda beach! Has it a 'far end'?

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline Sunny Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2013, 02:34:53 PM »
Have you noticed that all these people that start these comments are 'new' to the board?

Your point being ?

Let us not forget that the families that visit today, tomorrow , and next month, bring with them the visitors of the future and their children and so on, that's where prosperity for the locals can be achieved for the future.
I'm quite sure if there was to be a local vote on the issue the locals would vote emphatically against the far end of Plakias beach being used for nudists. As John R points out there are "acres of beutifull
beaches out there" where Nudism can be practised without causing offence or discord.

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2013, 02:40:45 PM »
Tony

I've been going to Plakias since 1989 and never been to Souda beach! Has it a 'far end'?

Barny.

Yes Barny, the far left side of the beach is mostly naturist.
Two good tavernas to choose from and beach showers.
Souda Beach.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:53:30 PM by Lampyland »

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2013, 02:43:10 PM »
Tony

Barny.

The end nearest to Plakias tends to be nude and the end near the travernas textile but with a degree of overlap in the middle.
2 tavernas on hand for meals. Water piped to the beach for showers.
We do drive there rather than walk though as we stay in Asomatos.

Tony
Tony

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2013, 02:44:09 PM »
Tony

Barny.
Yes Barny, the far left side of the beach is mostly naturist.
Two good tavernas to choose from and beach showers.

SNAP!
Tony

Offline ann5

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »
This topic goes on and on.... I wonder why some  people are so set on getting the far end changed to textile ..... I feel there would be no more demand from UK holiday companies  for this resort than there is now (2 I think im  correct in stating ) so why change something so popular and established?
We started holidaying in Plakias purely because of the naturist beach .We simply like an allover tan and swimming in the sea unclothed.Weve tried the naturist club thing but its not our scene so maybe we arent true naturists.We d just like to point out that  every time  we  have been at the beach there have been families using it,some clothed,some naturist  .
The resort has its own appeal but having visited for the past 12 years we can honestly say we wouldnt return if the naturist beach was closed.
After a day at the beach we enjoy a few drinks at the beach bar and then wander back to our apt.
We would not choose Plakias as a resort if it had "normal" beaches, in our opinion we find it a  little boring in the evenings,same old chat ,same music videos, so once youve enjoyed a pleasant meal theres nothing much going on.I dont want discos or tv bars but theres not even a decent stroll to take as theres no real  harbour etc.
We are certain that ,as the facilities are now , Plakias would NOT appeal to families as a holiday resort so why argue the case at all?
This is just our opinion.

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2013, 09:41:20 PM »
I think the biggest disincentive to families visiting Plakias is the transfer time. The locals all seem so friendly that the idea that they get umpty with naturist holiday makers I find a bit hard to accept, but, as I don't live there, perhaps I'm wrong. The beach is huge and there should be places for everyone. The naturist end of Plakias beach is the most relaxed beach I've ever been on and I've seen young, old, clothed and nude sharing the far end.
Anyway, with a jeep for 2 weeks this year we'll be able to take our bods elsewhere to find beaches. I'll miss the Peligremnos taverna for lunch though.

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2013, 01:28:51 PM »

I'm quite sure if there was to be a local vote on the issue the locals would vote emphatically against the far end of Plakias beach being used for nudists. As John R points out there are "acres of beutifull
beaches out there" where Nudism can be practised without causing offence or discord.
I think you have misinterpreted John R's post.

Re. any poll by locals, they would know that to change the far end would be financial suicide for those trying to earn a living from tourism.

I agree with a later post that one thing that stops many more tourists coming to Plakias is the distance from the airport. However, this may be a reason the place has maintained its unique character when many other places haven't.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2013, 04:25:48 PM »
Yes - I was suggesting there were acres of beach for textiles to choose if they did not wish to mix at the far end.

Er Plakias boring and not worth going to unless you like the Far end beach. Wow - we don't  go to any beaches (well maybe once in the last 5 years) and after over 18 years in a row we find the place far from boring. Suggesting that it would dead without a far end is far from the truth - though it would indeed be a numerically quieter place without the far end. it is one of the most beautiful places imaginable and thankfully with none of the disco type entertainment. Suggesting it is boring does as much potential damage to the place as does suggesting the Far end is spoiling the place. Neither statement is true. It is like suggesting that an idyllic little village in the heart of the UK Lake District (where we come from) is boring because there is little to do !!! Other than perhaps or some lively youngsters I cannot imagine what more people could wish for.