login

Author Topic: Olympic cheap this morning.  (Read 5273 times)

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
Olympic cheap this morning.
« on: March 24, 2012, 06:36:31 AM »
Just looked at Olympic to torture myself. Staying at the Dora or the Costas and flying from East Midlands or Birmingham on the 26th of June 2012.
The price was £326.00 for two weeks. Sadly paid £60 more than this. Wonder if it will drop even more? Gatwick, Manchester were still over £400 for the same weeks.

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Olympic cheap this morning.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 04:20:25 PM »
It's always worth a look............we got lucky & got 28 days staying at Kostas in May for £355 each & we weren't even planning a holiday in May, but couldn't resist at that price & it included transfers!!
Just have to keep looking as there have been some good bargains in other resorts this year too.......but being Plakias lovers we couldn't bear to be in any other resort. :)

Offline nora

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 09:17:01 PM »
I can top you both.....

Last August I  took advantage of a double discount weekend and booked the last 2  weeks in Sept 12 from Manchester to the Irida for  £647.14p for both of us.

I have since paid an extra £40 to move flights but still an absolute bargain!!!!

It def pays to book early.
Nora xxx

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:50:39 AM »
It's always worth a look............we got lucky & got 28 days staying at Kostas in May for £355 each & we weren't even planning a holiday in May, but couldn't resist at that price & it included transfers!!
Just have to keep looking as there have been some good bargains in other resorts this year too.......but being Plakias lovers we couldn't bear to be in any other resort. :)
Unbelievably good price. How lucky are you? There are often some good late bargains available but you have to be lucky and you could miss out.

I agree with Nora. There are some good bargains if you book early and you know you are sorted. The downside is that they can often change the flights, for their benefit not yours.

Mike

Offline ann5

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 08:28:10 AM »
Just looked at Olympic to torture myself. Staying at the Dora or the Costas and flying from East Midlands or Birmingham on the 26th of June 2012.
The price was £326.00 for two weeks. Sadly paid £60 more than this. Wonder if it will drop even more? Gatwick, Manchester were still over £400 for the same weeks.
Thanks for your post.We checked this out and have altered our holiday at Kosats to 2 weeks from one and changed to EMidlands from Manchester .Even with the admin charges its only cost £130 extra for the second week for both of us.The flights are better times too!
We werent even planning on coming back this year and are  now looking forward to 2weeks of all the good things about Plakias! 

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
Olympic cheap this morning.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 10:53:27 AM »
Happy that you have now got two weeks. I am still slightly kicking myself for not waiting to book. We did not want to wait in case of a large increase or the budget properties getting fully booked. Happy that we are having a Holiday at all this year so I must not grumble. Cannot wait. 68 days to go now :-)

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 10:04:46 AM »
Prices for Dora and Costas come up as £279 for two weeks flying from Gatwick on the 26th of June 2012.
Has night time flights though. Dora from East Midlands now down to £268.98 once you start booking, absolute bargain!
Costas from Gatwick with Night flights on the 26th of June coming up as £259 once discounts are applied at booking page.

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 11:29:55 AM »
Fantastic prices.
Do Olympic fly from Sydney?
Sadly not.
Peter&Dawn

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 04:43:40 PM »
It just gets cheaper and cheaper from East Midlands.
£232.00 each for two weeks flying on the 26th of June 2011 and returning 10th of July.
Staying at the Dora or the Kostas Chrysoulla.
We paid nearly £200 more.
Very tempted to cancel and rebook as we would still get the holiday more cheaply even though we would lose some money cancelling.
An amazing bargain if you can get away for those dates and the £ is now at €1.24 and rising.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 05:19:11 PM »
Obviously good for when you go. When we go with them mid September there is very little left and if I booked now it would cost me double what I paid.

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 06:20:53 PM »
Obviously good for when you go. When we go with them mid September there is very little left and if I booked now it would cost me double what I paid.
Sadly true of September. We find that the period of mid June is one of the best times to Holiday. The weather is settled, the crowds of August and September have not arrived and for some reason it can be very cheap.
There are still some green and flowers of spring.
We spent time on Lesvos in 2008  for £216.00 each inc flight and accommodation.
Generally get Two weeks somewhere for about £300 to £360 flight and accommodation.
Would love to stay in September but everywhere was pretty well booked. The public seemed to have woken up to the fact that the weather is normally pretty good and everywhere gets booked up fairly quickly.
The disadvantage is we go to different Islands following the cheaper deals. We do avoid the more touristy places however.
Plakias seems great in September and there seem to be many friendships formed.

We cancelled our Holiday then rebooked the Dora. New holiday Cost us £219.00 each for two weeks. We did lose our deposit of £106 but we still saved over £153 each. The money saved has covered our hire car for two weeks with enough left over for an ice-cream or two. Very happy Bunnies.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:35:46 PM by Lampyland »