Author Topic: Holiday 31.08.10  (Read 11963 times)

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
Holiday 31.08.10
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »
Quote from: Peter&Dawn
Quote from: Dave&Les
Quote from: Arnaki
Yes, it was a good night and lovely to meet everyone.  The detective work earlier in the week was fun too - asking complete strangers if they were Dawn & Pete and Les & Dave (fortunately they were).  

Names to faces:  I am wearing a pink vest-top, Mr Arnaki is wearing a dark T-shirt with two white stripe and Little Miss Arnaki is at one end of the table.  I leave it to you to work out which end.

Welcome back, Les & Dave - I trust you enjoyed the rest of your holiday, and we didn't get you into the habit of a morning beer at Livicon!

Oh what fun!!!! ..... it was good to actually meet other forum members & exchange Plakias stories.

We did resist the 'morning beer' at the Livicon!! ( you could be a bad influence ha, ha ) but made up for it in the evenings.

The rest of our holiday was great & we had a boat trip to Gramvousa & Balos Blue Lagoon, a couple of visits to the north coast to visit friends & of course numerous visits to the Livicon for (refreshments!!!) thanks to Emma.

Names to faces: Les wearing black & white dress & Dave sitting opposite with Mr Arnaki on my right & Noopsy to my left.

Roll on 2011

Dave&Les

PS anyone with an 'idiots' guide to uploading pictures to the forum, please feel free to contact us, we have many good pics to upload but the combination of OLD AGE & TECHNOLOGY seems to be proving a problem.

Its hard to think it was over a month ago now.   It was a great evening.  

It was lovely having strangers coming up to us asking if we were Peter & Dawn. Thats what this forum is all about, meeting like minded people who love Plakias. Between us at the table we have in excess of 70 visits to Plakias, and hopefully many more in the future.

More names:- the chap wearing glasses in the salmon top is Peter, the lady with blond hair is his wife, Penny from Germany. The woman to her left (short hair, pink top) is Dawn. Fortunately I'm not in any of the pictures, there are some advatages having the camera.

Peter&Dawn

Sad information for anyone who stay at the 'kostas' around October and anyone who knew Philip Stepford - a single man who apprently has been visiting Plakias for many years ......we have just heard that Philip passed away this year.

While we were in Plak in Sept we sent Philip a card (we only met him last October) we have just received a letter from his family to say he passed away in February.
He was a fun guy loved going to the 'far end' & the 'Meodusa' so will be known by many.

We understand that his family will be coming to Plakias in May 2011 to scatter his ashes - which was his wish.

Dave&Les