login

Author Topic: First Choice Pull out of Plakias!  (Read 47323 times)

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
First Choice Pull out of Plakias!
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2004, 01:26:51 PM »
I totally agree with Graham and Karen's post earlier today. There was an extensive discussion last year on tour operator versus independent and some are in one camp, some another. It is whatever suits the individual. However, what no one seemed to disagree with was that early or late season it is cheaper to go with a tour operator, even with First Choice out of the picture for 2005. This assumes you use a taxi to and from the airport rather than multiple changes on the bus as was suggested.

I have now rebooked my cancelled May 2005 FC holiday with Olympic; same date, same accommodation (Kostas Chrysoulla), and the only difference is that it is £30 pp more with Olympic. At £260 pp it is still good value.

Offline fraoula

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2004, 01:58:52 PM »
Yes I also agree    It totally depends on that individuals needs, whether it's done with a travel company or independantly at the end of the day there's always someone that has to do the paperwork.
             thought:                          
Maybe when my winning numbers appear I'll buy a private jet........?

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2004, 11:31:34 AM »
No one's falling out with each other! I'm mearly defending MYSELF as a travel agent! HA HA!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2174\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It wasn't a criticism, fraoula,  I was just a bit worried. I'm glad that you were O.K.  (That's the trouble with not being able to see or hear people on this Forum.)

Γεια σας.    

(I'm studying Greek too!)
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline fraoula

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2004, 05:08:40 PM »
I
t wasn't a criticism, fraoula,  I was just a bit worried. I'm glad that you were O.K.  (That's the trouble with not being able to see or hear people on this Forum.)

Γεια σας.    

(I'm studying Greek too!)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2191\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/QUOTE]

Hey! no offence taken! I don't take things to heart to much, I know it wasn't personal!! I just enjoy a good discussion!    The forums for me, are an escapism
form the usual routine, so I think it's great when you have all these different views and conversations on the site-  It's good to meet people with their own opinions and who all have that same passion for Plakias!!    I really appreciate the concern that's really kind of you Noopsy     And keep up the good work on learning the Greek language   Ya sas  fili mou    ( how did you get the greek font?)

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2004, 11:01:40 AM »
Ευχαριστο.  (    All embarrased now!)

My wife's P.C., which I use, has a language bar, and it is from there that I get the Greek font.  This bar is very handy as I write in more languages than just English.  If your P.C. does not have this facility come out of this message board, and get onto the home page.  I seem to recollect that there is a link there somewhere which enables you to install the Greek font.

Καλη τυχη!

Νουψη
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 11:06:40 AM by Noopsy 500 »
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2004, 02:24:42 PM »
Ευχαριστο.  (    All embarrased now!)

My wife's P.C., which I use, has a language bar, and it is from there that I get the Greek font.  This bar is very handy as I write in more languages than just English.  If your P.C. does not have this facility come out of this message board, and get onto the home page.  I seem to recollect that there is a link there somewhere which enables you to install the Greek font.

Καλη τυχη!

Νουψη
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Paulie puts technical support hat on....

Off the top of my head there are two ways of typing Greek characters, the first as Noopsy says is to use Windows Language Settings. This is easy in Windows XP & 2000... have a look [a href=\"http://muhammadanism.org/Unicode/WindowsXP.htm]at this website.[/url]
The second is to add a Greek True Type font to your system, you will then be able to select it from your normal font selection list. I so happen to have one and have uploaded it. If you want it you can download it here.
You will then need to add it to your fonts list. In Windows Explorer go to your Fonts folder (normally C:\WINDOWS\FONTS or C\WINNT\FONTS), here you have a list of all the fonts on your system. On the menu at the top go to File -> Install New Font... browse to where you saved the download and click ok. That should be it.

Please let me know if I can help any further.

Paul