Author Topic: An appeal  (Read 31221 times)

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
An appeal
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 10:23:07 AM »
Assuredly the thing is to be sold:
Go with me: if you like upon report
The soil, the profit and this kind of life,

http://www.progc.co.uk/gni_crete_plakias.shtml

Offline janm

• View Profile
    • Email
An appeal
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 01:50:01 PM »

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
An appeal
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 08:53:39 AM »
Have a look also at, www.geocities.com/grz8/PlakiasBeachfrontLand.html

Jan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4622\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The beauty of our earth is not for sale, it will always belong to those who are able to discover, understand,  enjoy and respect it.

Beachcombers

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
An appeal
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 11:37:03 AM »
And that's the truth, man!

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
An appeal
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 01:56:12 PM »
And that's the truth, man!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4640\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

SUGGEST REMOVE JOHNB AT ONCE
THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR COMMERCIALS

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
An appeal
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2005, 02:35:17 PM »
Yes, sire! You´re right! This board shouldn´t help in this project!
shinaria

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
An appeal
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2006, 10:54:47 PM »
The beauty of our earth is not for sale, it will always belong to those who are able to discover, understand, enjoy and respect it.
Leen

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
An appeal
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 03:18:30 PM »
With people now starting to return from thier visits to Plakias I would like to encourage people to start adding thier views to the Reviews/FAQ section (link at top right of screen). I think this could become a great little source of useful information.

Browsing through the categories should be pretty straightforward. To add a response click on the 'Add Comment' link. If you would like to give a rating (1 to 5 stars) then click on the 'Rate Article' link near the top.

If there is anything you would like to be added please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul
Yes I have hardly entered any    Will get some in over the weekend.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3806\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just a reminder as we getting new forum members every day  

Offline jenny

• View Profile
An appeal
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 01:16:59 AM »
Dear Forum Members

(Quote)start adding thier views to the Reviews/FAQ section (link at top right of screen) (Unquote)

I haven't got this at the top right - or anywhere else - on my screen!

There are various references to the 'Reviews' section so I thought I'd have a look at them - even joined the forum in case you had to be a member to see 'em, but still can't find the little buggarrrrrrrrrrrrrs!

I am a bit thick/blind/geriatric so a bit of assistance would be appreciated.

TIA
Jenny

PS
Last time I was in Plakias there was no tarmac between the Alianthos Gdns and Meltemi in fact don't think they had finished building Meltemi???  There was absolutely nothing except one very good taverna beyond Meltemi.  (Is that now the place beginning with a P I have seen mentioned on this forum?) There was waste-ground at the side of the A. Gdns where they used to park all their hire cars - think they had a tap there too to wash them?  Stayed at Stella's (who believed loo seats harboured germs therefore did not have any) and used to say Kalimera to the priest every morning (is that correct or have I just ordered squid?) as we passed the church on the way down to t'front and A Proper Breakfast - as Stella's were very sparse!

Can anyone tell me how long ago that might have been (we went with SunMed I think) - and - has the old place changed much? (LOL)  cos we have just booked for Oct 3 - 10 with Olympic !!!  YESSSSSSSS!!!!

Husband No 2 has not been to Crete (at all) before but like me is a committed "Far Ender" (see I have been lurking for a while!) and has taken a rev 'n' go scooter up many a goat track on both Kos and Rhodes - and on Skopelos we took one from one side to the other on un-made roads.  I'm telling you this so you will realise he's really a nice bloke, he enjoys a Mythos as much as the next man, he likes ouzo (he's just gonna love raki!) as unfortunately I also have to admit to you all that, although I can empathise with your aversion to the emporia of a certain Mr Ronald McD, that same gentleman is also somewhat responsible for funding our holidays as Pete works for a company that makes a lot of the kitchens for them - so if only for the sake of my future holidays - please don't knock it too much !
Jenny

Naturist and Hell's Grandma

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
An appeal
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 08:48:43 AM »
Quote from: jenny
Dear Forum Members

(Quote)start adding thier views to the Reviews/FAQ section (link at top right of screen) (Unquote)

I haven't got this at the top right - or anywhere else - on my screen!

There are various references to the 'Reviews' section so I thought I'd have a look at them - even joined the forum in case you had to be a member to see 'em, but still can't find the little buggarrrrrrrrrrrrrs!

I am a bit thick/blind/geriatric so a bit of assistance would be appreciated.

TIA
Jenny

PS
Last time I was in Plakias there was no tarmac between the Alianthos Gdns and Meltemi in fact don't think they had finished building Meltemi???  There was absolutely nothing except one very good taverna beyond Meltemi.  (Is that now the place beginning with a P I have seen mentioned on this forum?) There was waste-ground at the side of the A. Gdns where they used to park all their hire cars - think they had a tap there too to wash them?  Stayed at Stella's (who believed loo seats harboured germs therefore did not have any) and used to say Kalimera to the priest every morning (is that correct or have I just ordered squid?) as we passed the church on the way down to t'front and A Proper Breakfast - as Stella's were very sparse!

Can anyone tell me how long ago that might have been (we went with SunMed I think) - and - has the old place changed much? (LOL)  cos we have just booked for Oct 3 - 10 with Olympic !!!  YESSSSSSSS!!!!

Husband No 2 has not been to Crete (at all) before but like me is a committed "Far Ender" (see I have been lurking for a while!) and has taken a rev 'n' go scooter up many a goat track on both Kos and Rhodes - and on Skopelos we took one from one side to the other on un-made roads.  I'm telling you this so you will realise he's really a nice bloke, he enjoys a Mythos as much as the next man, he likes ouzo (he's just gonna love raki!) as unfortunately I also have to admit to you all that, although I can empathise with your aversion to the emporia of a certain Mr Ronald McD, that same gentleman is also somewhat responsible for funding our holidays as Pete works for a company that makes a lot of the kitchens for them - so if only for the sake of my future holidays - please don't knock it too much !
Hi Jenny, welcome
You haven't been for a while, have you, Sun Med must have pulled out of Plakias about 10 years ago, I think they got took over buy First Choice who also pulled out.
We had an intruder on the site a while back and we lost the 'FAQ' file which your looking for, but our illustrious Admin are doing there best to re-instate it.
Plakias does change and has done over the years but not that much. The roads are all Tarmaced now.
I won't say too much as it might spoil your stay but as far as the Stella is concerned, I'm sure John R can fill you in with all the details you need to know.
Welcome back and enjoy your stay!

george g...

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
An appeal
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 04:02:05 PM »
Stayed at Stella's (who believed loo seats harboured germs therefore did not have any) and used to say Kalimera to the priest every morning (is that correct or have I just ordered squid?) as we passed the church on the way down to t'front and A Proper Breakfast - as Stella's were very sparse!

Stella's is somewhat more upmarket now. Loo seats - yes, but germs - EMPHATICALLY NO - must be the cleanest place on earth. As from this year, all rooms have full self catering facilities. As from last year Stella's breakfasts were somewhat enhanced - still the same eggs but quite a bit more fruit, yoghurt  etc. etc. At the room prices we considered the breakfast to be a welcome freeby though you can indeed stay without ordering breakfast for an even lower (slightly) price. When First Choice pulled out, this was a blow to Stella who 's rooms used to be full most of the season. They now depend on independant travellers. We continued staying with them with us going independent and never regretting it. Their marketing of a superb product is a bit weak so they need a bit of support but I suspect they will  be at full house levels when people eventually realise how good it is and start returning like we do. We are almost reluctant to recommend them for selfish reasons - we want rooms there together with the peace and quiet.

John R

Offline sheryl

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sherylhume1
    • View Profile
    • Email
An appeal
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 08:17:42 PM »
i remember the the pre - tarmac days and also traveling with sunmed....dont know when you were there but i can tell you that the meltemi opened in 1984. so it must have been before then
sheryl

Offline jenny

• View Profile
An appeal
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2006, 04:26:52 PM »
Hiya!

Thanks for the responses - it could have been prior to 1984 lol  Our first 'nudist beach' experience was at Myrtiotissa on Corfu in 1981 - rather belated thanks to the Sun newspaper and Phil Vallack's book 'Free Sun'  (is he still alive, anybody know?) We joined a naturist club in 1982/3 and I know we went to Plakias during August after some friends there had been in the May and told us about it.  To be honest I thought it was a bit after that - so maybe I am wrong about M being closed?

I don't have any fears about revisiting Plakias because (assuming of course we don't get a room as small as the one we had in Skopelos where we virtually had to get dressed in turn and had to unplug the fridge to boil the kettle) the only really important thing to us is there being a naturist beach within striking distance.  Anything else is a bonus!

Way back then I remember we went to Preveli a few days on the boat - but more textiles than naturists - and also found a 'deserted' beach a bit further along the coast (where an ageing British chap lived in a shack)  Don't think we ever went to Damnoni or Micro Amoudi.  If the weather is good (and esp. as we are only going for a week) we might not even get there this time!

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if my memories of various buildings, shape of the coast line etc etc are correct or whether time and rose-tinted spectacles have been at work.

Jenny
Jenny

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
An appeal
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2006, 10:00:51 AM »
Hiya!

Thanks for the responses - it could have been prior to 1984 lol  Our first 'nudist beach' experience was at Myrtiotissa on Corfu in 1981 - rather belated thanks to the Sun newspaper and Phil Vallack's book 'Free Sun'  (is he still alive, anybody know?) We joined a naturist club in 1982/3 and I know we went to Plakias during August after some friends there had been in the May and told us about it.  To be honest I thought it was a bit after that - so maybe I am wrong about M being closed?

I don't have any fears about revisiting Plakias because (assuming of course we don't get a room as small as the one we had in Skopelos where we virtually had to get dressed in turn and had to unplug the fridge to boil the kettle) the only really important thing to us is there being a naturist beach within striking distance.  Anything else is a bonus!

Way back then I remember we went to Preveli a few days on the boat - but more textiles than naturists - and also found a 'deserted' beach a bit further along the coast (where an ageing British chap lived in a shack)  Don't think we ever went to Damnoni or Micro Amoudi.  If the weather is good (and esp. as we are only going for a week) we might not even get there this time!

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if my memories of various buildings, shape of the coast line etc etc are correct or whether time and rose-tinted spectacles have been at work.

Jenny

Hello Jenny,

I wonder whether we have met. In June 2004 my wife Chris and I were in a taverna in Tigaki, Kos, having just finished dinner when we got into conversation with a couple. They were not staying in Tigaki, but were about to return to their accomodation by scooter. The gentleman gave us a great account of the perils of scooter riding in Greece and was obviously very experienced on the subject.

Mike

Offline jenny

• View Profile
An appeal
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2006, 12:33:31 PM »
Mike

Oh how lovely that you should remember us!  So you changed from Tingaki to Plakias, was that in order to avoid us, or what?

Jenny

I can confirm that was NOT us LOL - Kos for us was definitely in 1998.  In any case, I can assure you we have far more amusing tales to tell, so we'll save them til we do meet you !
Jenny