Author Topic: FAQ Section  (Read 5066 times)

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
FAQ Section
« on: April 27, 2005, 08:49:32 PM »
The observent among you may have noticed an FAQ link in the top right between Member Map and Statistics (Feel free to stick your pin in the member map by the way).

This leads to a FAQ/Review type section. In time there will be a list of Accommodation/Tavernas/Bars whatever. There you will be able to review that particular place and give it a rating.

Its not quite how I would like it but as I didn't do the coding I won't complain. Anyway the upshot at the moment is that members cannot add articles via the forum (i.e Places). This means that I need to add them in at the moment. I have added a few places which you can start reviewing (i.e add a comment).

What would be nice is if you guys could start giving me some help with the content (aside from your review). Take a look at Anna Appartment where I have added a little info, if we could try and fix on a standard format that would be good for consistency.

Also if you have any photos (interior, exterior) that would be great. I can add links to them. If you already have them hosted, goodo send me a link. If you don't have them online somewhere I am happy to host them for you if you want to send the picture itself.

Also what I would like suggestions on is further categories (i.e beaches, walks) and some sort of standard info that should be included for each, i.e say rough price for taverna, difficulty of walk etc.

Discussion on format etc can be done here.

If you have some Names to add to the list and/or content then you can post it in a topic I have created here.
I am happy to have PMs or e-mails but this would be better to avoid duplication at the start. I'm off work next week so I hope to get a fair bit done.

Hopefully in the future all will be able to add new articles from the forum.

Anyway, take a look and get a feel for it, let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Paul
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 08:34:50 AM by Ploppy »

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
FAQ Section
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 01:18:45 PM »
This leads to a FAQ/Review type section. In time there will be a list of Accommodation/Tavernas/Bars whatever. There you will be able to review that particular place and give it a rating.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3195\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I can see this being really useful to me in planning for 2006 onwards. Although I find sites like Holidays Exposed and Holidays Uncovered useful, it is often apparent to me that many of the comments are written by people whose standards and likes/dislikes are very different to mine (this isn't snobbery but a recognition that society is comprised of all sorts). The common factor on the Forum is that we all like Plakias (i.e. the friendly, quiet, relaxed, and scenic type of resort), so that rules out the Malia, Faliraki, Kavos, San Antonio, Playa del Ingles, Magaluf, Torremolinos lovers. I'm more likely to take account of opinions on this Forum than on those other sites.

Mike

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
FAQ Section
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 02:26:04 PM »
Hello Paul (Ploppy),

Will there be a section in this area of the forum, in addition to reviews of accommodation, tavernas, bars, etc, for comments about the resort in general? We could then use it for comments on, for instance, the beach (cleanliness, crowds, the donut man, cost of umbrellas, etc), bus services, excursions available, transfers, noise, facilities (ATMs, supermarkets, bakeries, etc) and anything else of use to those (particularly non regulars) considering Plakias as a potential holiday destination.

Mike