Author Topic: Harakas !  (Read 16502 times)

Offline bwian

• View Profile
Re: Harakas !
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 09:39:24 AM »
Just back from Plakias and our first port of call was Harakas for dinner.

As been stated, the layout of Harakas has changed over the last year.
Part of the old site was taken over by a travel company and we feared for what we may find on our visit this year.

But Sonja and Lambros were able to obtain extra footage at the other side,next to Kri Kri, so the overall size of the place has not been altered.

Now one half is under cover whilst the other half is open to the air.
We felt that this was a much better arrangement and that the changes enforced on Sonja have in fact benefitted her !!

Food , as always , was excellent.

Portion size ?
Never was or is a problem.

Service warm and welcoming.

Will always be the first place we eat at each year we return to Plakias.

Same here!!

Offline bwian

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 04:40:23 PM »
And what's with all this RESERVED tables? Where are we..? London..? Every night tables booked at Harakas and other places! Really, if that's what you want then you are holidaying in the wrong country

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 05:54:31 PM »
We are in Plakias at the moment and have eaten twice at Harakas, on both occasions food and service OUTSTANDING!!

Offline bwian

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 09:39:38 AM »
Totally agree

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 10:57:24 AM »
We also agree.
It is one of the first places we re-visit when in Plakias and always eat there several times during those visits.

Offline happyashellas

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »
And what's with all this RESERVED tables? Where are we..? London..? Every night tables booked at Harakas and other places! Really, if that's what you want then you are holidaying in the wrong country

Whilst I understand what you're saying, it may be a little bit harsh on the poster. If they like to have an ordered and structured night out then so be it. Just a different choice after all. Personally if we're going to eat somewhere and it's full up we just go for a drink till a table is free, but that's just us. As for harakas, we ate there in June and it was fine, and we'll go there again in October.
Είναι Ελλάδα έτσι δεν είναι

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 11:29:02 AM »
I have been eating at the Harakas (as far as I can remember) since 1987 (I think it was operational then !). We noted the changes too but ate there last year and the year before and thoroughly intend to eat there again this year. Sonja was, as always, friendly and she explained what had happened but the tavern was always busy....we even had to reserve a table at one point at Sonja's suggestion. The food was excellent and the portions just right...didn't have any problem.

I agree that concerns should be noted but I also draw the line at posts that might impact on the local economy....praise helps a lot but criticism needs to be very carefully worded..if at all. Each to their own ...yes and, if I need to 'reserve' a table to eat where I want to eat why shouldn't I ? I have always wanted to eat at Harakas...not a problem.

Looking forward to eating at Harakas again in Sept !

Offline bwian

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 05:18:19 PM »
We like Harakas a lot and use it as often as possible. But reserving tables could get very tedious if it catches on.

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »
We also like Harakas - friendly staff and the Mushroom a la creme with rice is always delicious.

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2015, 06:38:57 PM »
Hi We ate there twice in July 2015,food and service wonderful, can't wait until July 2016, incidentally we have ate at most of the tavernas in Plakias and have only had one bad meal, the rest hàve been good or outstanding

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2015, 10:31:58 PM »
Had some lovely meals in the Harakas in Sept this year.....always enjoyable. Looking forward to eating there again next year and wishing them all the best for a restful Winter !

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 01:20:45 PM »
If that's the "French" place, then I give it the thumbs up - service great, portions were fine. I had the bekri meze (spicy pork- with chips AND rice) which was fab. Went back for my "last night" meal as it was my fave (although I tried the spicier Mexican pork instead - v. good too but preferred the bekri meze. I'll be returning for it again whenever next time is(???) Daza.

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2015, 11:37:15 PM »
Not French, don't think so at least, although is in Guide du Routard; but, is Sonja Swiss French? My wife is French and I'd say that Sonja probably is French-speaking Swiss, even despite my crap French!

Cheers, Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 12:13:45 PM »
I think Sonja is Greek but she was telling us that she spends a lot of time in the Winter learning new languages......17 to date I believe...which might explain why the hospitality (and he accent) is so good !

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2015, 12:55:14 PM »
Pretty certain Sonja is Swiss, fabulous food fabulous taverna and a lovely lady