Author Topic: Taverna manousos anyone eaten here recently?  (Read 13881 times)

Offline Steve Jones

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Taverna manousos anyone eaten here recently?
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 05:39:34 PM »
Went to Manoussos recently and can't believe that we ignored this place for so many years.

It doesn't look up to much, but the welcome was very sincere.

The waitress was very knowledgeable about the food, the ingredients and the way it was cooked.

Food was simple but very tasty indeed.

Would recommend again.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Frank And Julie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2015, 06:59:25 PM »
Hi
Although this is my first post and we are relative newbies to Plakias and have only been going for the last 5 years, although we do go at least 3-4 times a year so I guess that's 15 years + in real terms IYSWIM :)

Taverna Manousos is a great place to eat, Manousos himself has goats, Chickens and lambs, he has his own fishing boat moored at the new harbour and goes out at least a couple of times a week, so the meat is always good and the fish fresh, and you know were it came from, and its all fresh not frozen.

We often go there and ask him just to give us a meze of what he has and the food just keeps coming and its always good.

It is a bit tucked away and not flash tables and décor like the new Taverna next door but for real Greek food its great, and there is always a warm welcome from him and his daughter Maria and wife Desula ( not sure about spelling ! ) ,  its a real family business.

As they say " You should not judge a book by its cover"

We are back (4th time this year you can`t get enough of a good thing !) end of Aug and will definitely be paying Manousos a visit !

Offline bwian

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2015, 10:23:34 PM »
Taverna Manoussos is one of our favourites!