Author Topic: plakias beach apartments  (Read 4989 times)

Offline sheenah

• View Profile
plakias beach apartments
« on: April 26, 2005, 04:23:43 PM »
has anyone stayed at Plakias Beach apartments - are they any good? What about Thalassa house studios?
Can you recommend anyplace that meets these criteria: cheap, near beach, near (or in) village, not a long hard climb uphill.
Thanks

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
plakias beach apartments
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 10:18:19 AM »
has anyone stayed at Plakias Beach apartments - are they any good? What about Thalassa house studios?
Can you recommend anyplace that meets these criteria: cheap, near beach, near (or in) village, not a long hard climb uphill.
Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3168\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Sheenah
I can't say I've heard of either of these places, have you got the names right?
There is a Plakias Bay at the far (eastern) end.
As far as recommending places we could be here all day, but if you pick anywhere west of the campsite at the bottom of the hill, anything will meet your criteria. Nothing is far from anything!
Hang in there I am sure someone will get back to you, re:Thalassa.
Try www.plakias-filoxenia.gr for accomadation but be carefull, not all the mentioned places are in Plakias.
george g...

Offline sheenah

• View Profile
plakias beach apartments
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 01:22:02 PM »
Thanks
Hi Sheenah
As far as recommending places we could be here all day, but if you pick anywhere west of the campsite at the bottom of the hill, anything will meet your criteria. Nothing is far from anything!
Try www.plakias-filoxenia.gr for accomadation but be carefull, not all the mentioned places are in Plakias.
george g...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3182\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Offline sheenah

• View Profile
plakias beach apartments
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 01:29:29 PM »
Thanks
Hi Sheenah
george g...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3182\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3186\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks George - yes, i've got the names right - Thalassa house I got from the Crete Travel website and the beach aprtments were from Amazing Crete Travel
www.cretetravel.com and travel@amazingcrete.com.
Anyway, sounds like we'll be ok just about anywhere, as you say.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
plakias beach apartments
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 04:21:43 PM »
Thanks George - yes, i've got the names right - Thalassa house I got from the Crete Travel website and the beach aprtments were from Amazing Crete Travel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3187\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]

Hi Sheenah
The pictures of the 'Plakias Bay Apartments' are of the 'Peligremnos'. It's a taverna at the far end of the beach (East). Nice place and they do have several rooms above the bar. Perhaps they've changed their name for this year.
To get to the village it's a dead straight flat tarmac road and it will take about 10-15mins, if you can get passed Antonis's Place that is.
Haven't checked out the Thalassa yet will get back to you if I find any info.
george g...

Just checked out the Thalassa House. It's on the road to Souda Beach, quite a long way out as you can see from the pictures. The road is not too hilly, but it's going to take you a good 30 minutes I recon to walk to the Village/Beach at Plakias.

Sorry. I haven't stayed at any of these places but I'm sure someone has!!
george g...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 04:34:10 PM by George »

Offline sheenah

• View Profile
plakias beach apartments
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 04:44:20 PM »
Quote from: George,Apr 27 2005, 03:21 PM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3187\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Sheenah
The pictures of the 'Plakias Bay Apartments' are of the 'Peligremnos'. It's a taverna at the far end of the beach (East). Nice place and they do have several rooms above the bar. Perhaps they've changed their name for this year.
To get to the village it's a dead straight flat tarmac road and it will take about 10-15mins, if you can get passed Antonis's Place that is.
Haven't checked out the Thalassa yet will get back to you if I find any info.
george g...

Just checked out the Thalassa House. It's on the road to Souda Beach, quite a long way out as you can see from the pictures. The road is not too hilly, but it's going to take you a good 30 minutes I recon to walk to the Village/Beach at Plakias.

Sorry. I haven't stayed at any of these places but I'm sure someone has!!
george g...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3190\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]

Thanks again. Have now decided to go to Anna's apartments - seems to be well thought of by a few forum members, and not too far from stuff.
Best wishes
Sheenah

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
plakias beach apartments
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 09:11:40 AM »

the peligramnos is still the peligramnos!