login

Author Topic: Booked for 2004!  (Read 7960 times)

Offline Susan K

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Booked for 2004!
« on: September 30, 2003, 03:36:21 PM »
 Couldn't wait, so went ahead and booked 7th September 2004 for two weeks. Adonis at Anso said the Artemis Studios are very nice and about 400m  outside the village with wonderful views of the bay and mountains.

All I have to do now is book the flights.

I know it's sad, but 49 weeks and counting!!!!!!!!!!

Susan

ps Am I the first to book?

Offline Allan Barham

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 05:02:39 PM »
Haven't booked yet but I'm starting to look at flights and found an interesting anomaly.  With discounts First Choice are offering a fortnight in Irida Studios starting August 31 2004 from Bristol for LESS than the cost of the airfare.  I don't particularly fancy Irida (too small for us) but booking this holiday looks a cheap way of flying to Heraklion and getting free transport to Plakias.  I contacted First Choice on-line and asked whether they would have any objection to us using just the flight and transfer part of the holiday and they were perfectly amenable although they pointed out that we would have to find our own way from Irida to our chosen apartments.  

I wonder if you can do similar deals from other airports?

Allan

Offline Dunkie

• View Profile
    • Email
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 06:51:28 PM »
 No we booked in May with First Choice, after costing our own flights and accomodation. we are returning 11/6/2004 for 2 weeks at Costa Chrysoulla. Can't wait for an ice cold Mythos!!

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 11:02:57 PM »
Not done our booking yet either - but we are in the process of getting it sorted! That's the trouble with going woth a big group, it's so difficult finding dates everyone can manage.
Hoping to finally do the deed this weekend.
John - Ostraco

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 05:15:53 PM »
Alan - I see that the price for Irida Studio is very good. Anyone know where they are in Plakias?

Offline Allan Barham

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 07:05:13 PM »
Hi Graham,

Irida are about 300 yards up the hill going out of Plakias on the right hand side.  Rosi and David stayed there for one week this year before moving on to Costas.  The rooms in Irida are about the same size as the one R&D moved to in Costas (I don't know how this would compare with the room you had).  Irida rooms face west and have wonderful views of the sunset from their balconies.

Love to Karen

Allan

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2003, 08:32:52 AM »
Thanks Allan. I suspect that our room at the Costas was much the same as R&D's so the Irida studio sounds ok. We will certainly consider Irida when we are in a position to book as it is probably a bit nearer to the far end of the beach and nearer to Damnoni as well.

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2003, 10:07:54 AM »
 Hi, Would any previous Stella visitors let me know if there are tea making facilities there or if it is OK to take a kettle etc as I need a cuppa before facing the big wide world. Also glasses for the obligatory Balcony Metaxa!
Dotty  
Dotty

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2003, 04:57:17 PM »
Just got back home from Stella this morning (15th). New air conditioning installed over last winter (30 Euro per week if required). No tea making facilities but many people take their own travel kettles etc - no problems with that. Take all required for the process - the only facilities provided in that respect are two drinking glasses and a fridge. The place is as ever exceptionally clean and we have just come back from 14 days solid sun with very little wind (2 to 3 days a bit blowy)

Need some sleep now.

John R

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2003, 09:37:13 PM »
Thank's very much for info looking forward to holiday looks like a probability of bumping into each other. Just hope the weather is as good as you had this year. We have been to Plakias a few times but first visit to Stella.
Dotty and Gary
Dotty

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2004, 02:57:35 PM »
We've just booked to stay at Stella Pension in September - yipee!!  . I don't remember seeing the place when we stayed in Plakias last year so I was hoping someone could place it in relation to eg. The Allianthos, Medusa Restaurant or other landmarks.

Thanks

Offline Carole

• View Profile
    • Email
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2004, 08:38:34 AM »
Just become a member of this website.  Booked holiday for July 2004 at Stella Pensions.  Good to see that others have been there before.  Useful information about the tea making facilities - thank you.  Going with a party of six, including two 16 year olds!  Husband in wheelchair (although can walk a bit) and brother-in-law's girlfriend also disabled but not wheelchair-bound.  Anything we need to be aware of to make our trip easier?  Looking forward very much to our holiday.  Thanks for your help.    Carole

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2004, 08:49:51 PM »
Stella Pension :-

I would think adequate to good for disabled but you MUST request a ground floor room. Steps (no lift) up to second floor. Ground floor including breakfast area all on one level - no steps (perhaps one step ?) - excellent. Breakfast never changes from day to day nor from year to year but it suits us a gives us a good start to the day. Orange juice, (Long) boiled egg, roll, cheese, jam, coffee or tea. Rooms kept absolutely immaculately clean, tidied up each day (get a homing beacon affixed to your tooth brush)  :"( and expect your piles of unposted postcards  to be neatly sorted into postcode order for you   . Towels / linen frequently changed - really superb in that respect.

Go up the road from the shore past the Doctors and past the (super) "fish and chip" place (on your right) as if you were going to Medousa. At top of road (Medousa ahead, slightly to the right), turn left. Walk for about 40 yards and then turn right. Stella about 20 yards on your left. All about 5 minutes walk from the sea front and 2 minutes walk from Medousa (hence we gain weight). Nice quiet location and very handy for everywhere. Re wheelchairs etc - this walk is all on the level except for a slight pull up a reasonable slope on the immediate approach to the hotel. 16 year olds will find Stella quiet (might like to keep it that way ??) but they will find attractions in town within 5 minutes walk.

We are there again for about the 7th year in succession 28 September for 2 weeks with the rest of our regular gang who now seem to fill the place. !!

John R

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2004, 10:05:04 PM »
Thanks for the info John - sounds great

Offline roger

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Booked for 2004!
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2004, 04:50:11 PM »
I have stayed at the Stella twice including last summer  when I got a badly swollen foot so had some difficulties. The advice re a ground floor room is very sound but this far ahead that should not be a problem - there are two floors and I think about a third of the rooms are on the ground floor . There is quite a steep incline on the last bit of the road to the Stella but that would be ok for a wheel chair if assisted but would be too dangerous for a wheelchair user without assistance . The owners are  a super family , were very very helpful to me - lifts to doctro and to beach and to Lysseos , the best restaurant in Plakias - but apart from the son who does not live there but helps out in the day they speak no English which can be fun but they are so friendly and helpful that that does not matter . It is a bit of a way to the best parts of the beach - the further away from the village you go , the more sandy it gets - but you will have all day to get there and back . Enjoy it - sorry I will not see you there as I shall probably b e going in august
 roger