login

Author Topic: Making plans for July 2005  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Yannis

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Making plans for July 2005
« on: November 10, 2004, 03:36:18 PM »

Hi all first post so here goes

Making plans to return in July 2005 after a few days visit in July 2004. Stayed in Gooves last year and decided to hire a car and revisit Plakias - after a white knuckle ride in my bright red seat hire car  we arrived back in Plakias. Great to see after ten years, not too many changes (I expected more) but felt really good to be back.

Has anyone stayed at the Alianthos as it looked to be upgraded or has anyone got any other suggestions. (air con a must too old for the hostles)

Does anyone remember the Crazy Dolphin Taverna next to the Alianthos

Great site
Yannis Macinneyous

Offline compage

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.compage.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 03:58:10 PM »
Hello Yannis, welcome to the forum.

You will find the search facility on this forum works very well.
Click here for a search on 'Alianthos' and here for a search on 'crazy dolphin'.
John Page

Offline sheryl

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sherylhume1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 02:42:39 AM »
hi yannis

do i remember the crazy dolphin - i practically lived in the place.  I am always in touch with manousos and tina, i refer to them as my greek mum and dad  manousos is in the middle of changing the dolphin into to 2 huge apartments. the first one is complete & the second one is getting there.  Tina works in the happy mart at danmoni and manousos still drives the school bus.  both are fine and still living above the dolphin.
i am also heading back in july 2005 and there are quite a few air con apartments available, but they will charge you extra for it but in july it can be worth it.
the alianthos & kosta chrysoullas definetly have it of the top of my head, and i am sure loads others too.
maybe see ya in july
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004, 02:50:36 AM by sherylhume1 »
sheryl

Offline Yannis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 09:40:54 AM »
hi yannis

do i remember the crazy dolphin - i practically lived in the place.  I am always in touch with manousos and tina, i refer to them as my greek mum and dad  manousos is in the middle of changing the dolphin into to 2 huge apartments. the first one is complete & the second one is getting there.  Tina works in the happy mart at danmoni and manousos still drives the school bus.  both are fine and still living above the dolphin.
i am also heading back in july 2005 and there are quite a few air con apartments available, but they will charge you extra for it but in july it can be worth it.
the alianthos & kosta chrysoullas definetly have it of the top of my head, and i am sure loads others too.
maybe see ya in july
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2673\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sheryl

When we were in plakias in July this year the first thing we did was to go see the crazy dolphin we were a bit shocked to see that it was being refurbished I knew manousos and tina lived above but thought they had moved on.
We had gone for three weeks (1993 I think) and most lunchtimes were spent in manousos and tinas living room - tina coming home from her work to cook lunch in her pressure cooker,  tidy up then go back to work as we slept all afternoon in
in the sunshine.

We have had some great holidays in plakias in the early 90's with M n T and have some great videos of our times together especially visits to tinas mum n dads at Frati. Manousos also took us to the village where he was born - Kalikratus (excuse the spelling) about 2 - 1/2 hours drive way up in the moutains IN THE BACK OF A PICK UP TRUCK oh happy days !

Its so good to here from someone who knows M n T, I could go on for ages but I am at work (but at least its friday). Do me a favour next time you contact M n T will you mention that John and Anna are planning a visit in July 05 or you could say that watermelon head (karposokefalos) as he used to call me - would love to meet and catch up.
Yannis Macinneyous

Offline sheryl

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sherylhume1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 06:07:14 PM »
well well, aren't you a blast from the past   - we've already met i know exactly what your talking about... if i have the right person which i think i have:  you'll remember the toga nights   and race nights etc... i also have pictures of you & anna in my huge photo album donated to plakias.
we were talking about you in july when we met up with graham and angie, and most years before i've met jim & the new girlfriend...
if this means nothing to you let me know....but if your the john and anna i think you are go flight only and stay in the manousoses apartment,  its like a having your own house. i have his mobile number if you wont it, but i will send it privately
sheryl