login

Author Topic: Plakias Library and Map Summer 2013.  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
Plakias Library and Map Summer 2013.
« on: June 18, 2013, 07:10:39 AM »
Kindly nicked from Filoxenia Association FB page.
The original Library thread written by Compage for Plakias forums in 2007, has many more photographs and information can be found here.
http://forums.plakias.co.uk/index.php?topic=1149.0
The nonprofit library of Plakias counts more than 6.000 books in plenty of different languages. What makes it interesting is that it was created solely by donations, the books can be borrowed for free and the ‘employees’ offer their spare time for its preservation and promotion.

At times, the library building hosts community and charity events and a meritorious display of products, “Arts and Crafts Exhibition”, with creations from the members themselves.

For the opening hours and how to find the building of the library, have a look at the photos below!

Map

Opening times.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:30:35 AM by Lampyland »

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Plakias Library and Map Summer 2013.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 04:27:38 PM »
Going to a charity gig at the Library next Sunday lunchtime. Carl Axon and the rockin rebels. Carl was lead guitarist with Doctor and The Medics ( Spirit in the Sky cover in the 80's). Plays the blues rather well. See Youtube. Gig is 5 euros to include lunch!!!!! Tickets (I am told) selling quickly. Be there or be square nosepickers!

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Plakias Library and Map Summer 2013.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 10:34:43 PM »
We met Dave Hartley who is performing there when we we we in Plakias a few weeks ago. A friend of our friends Brian and Kathy who live in Asomatos. Great Guy! Enjoy yourself

Tony
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)