login

Author Topic: Nikos Kazantzakis  (Read 10583 times)

Mandy Harrison

Nikos Kazantzakis
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 11:51:49 AM »
Quote from: George
Quote from: Mandy Harrison
but I may need to take a gun wih me.
Will I be safe Mandy??  

Nice to see you back on the forum, I've missed our rapoire.

george g...

No-one is safe when I am at the airport.  I have been quite calm this year.  some say their holiday starts when they get to the airport - frankly my holiday starts when I get in the hire car and can sit back and enjoy the scenery whilst my wonderful husband gets us to Plakias.  The airport fiasco is something I have to endure to get to the sunshine; a necessary evil.  When I win the lottery I am never travelling on a crappy flight again; I am going to hire my own plane and pilot and get there in style and no crappy plane food either. I will be having my own chef to cater for my needs.  Dream on I hear you say?  Well that's the plan anyhow.

The reason I am back on the forum is because I have a laptop and dont need to wait for the big computer to become free - as you know I cant get on at work - its hopeless and could get me the sack if I even tried to in works time - apart from lunchtime and it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow its not worth the bother.   I am sick at home whilst writing this - its either surf the net or watch trash TV.  I have to go and pick the car up from the garage in a bit; clutch has gone and it all sounds a bit complicated and a very hefty bill awaits  - I think it fair to say it dont take long for the holiday glow to disappear

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nikos Kazantzakis
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 12:08:40 PM »
I also hate the travelling Mandy and can't wait for the day that technology creates a 'Beam me up' scenario. I'll be first in the queue.

Sorry to hear your 'uncle dick', I hope it's nothing too bad.  

Stay on the forum Mandy, it keeps the spirits (aka Raki) up until the next time  

george g...

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Nikos Kazantzakis
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 04:14:02 PM »
Quote from: Mandy Harrison
Heraklion is just rubbish the only good thing I would say in their favour is  they dont raise their eyebrows when my cases are 10 kilos heavier on the return journey.
Mandy

i thought i'd share this little titbit i picked up of Interkriti (from Tim btw)

" Yes, all went on EJ (easyjet)  Heraklion a total disaster on way back - all
baggage has to be carried to a single scanner to be loaded. For every
flight. Enormous queues, fighting, shouting etc. Had to push to front of
queue to make flight. They mixed up baggage in plane, so it all had to
come out of aircraft, we had to leave plane and stand behind our
luggage. Took three hours from getting on aircraft to getting into the
air. Terrible.

Oh, and they absolutely stuck to the weight limit with real zeal - I was
1.8kg over and it cost 20 Euros! Made an old lady in front of me pay for
being 0.7kg over."

did i mention we're using hania this year?