Author Topic: Searching accomodation for family of 5  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Michael K. Nielsen

• View Profile
    • Email
Searching accomodation for family of 5
« on: February 06, 2005, 01:41:44 PM »
We are a Danish family of five (2 adults + children 12, 6 and 5 years old)searching for suitable accomodation in or around Plakias. We plan to stay there for the (hot?) period between July 11 and 24.

First priority is accomodations that allow us to put the children asleep in one or two separate bedrooms. My wife and I could sleep on a large bed/sofa type of furniture, but if so, this would have to be built for 190 cm adults. Minimum facilities should include aircon, refridgerator and a tea-kitchen.

We plan to hire a car for the whole period, but we much prefer staying within walking distance from the beach as well as lokal tavernas or restaurants, minimarkets etc. A playground for the small kids would also be very popular.

I have found it difficult to fullfil all of these demands in or around Plakias.
Any experiences/suggestions?

Also, I am curious how hot southern Crete is in July. Some claim it is a mistake to go anywhere in Greece in July - others not.

If anyone would offer to give me suggestions and oppinions on the above I would be greatefull !

/Michael

Offline Allan Barham

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 03:00:08 PM »
Hi Michael,

Have a look at this:

http://www.interkriti.net/hotel/plakias/anna-apts/

Anna's apartments are situated on a quiet road only a short walk from the shops and tavernas.  There are seven rooms in the complex including one 1- bedroom apartment.  It is often used by families but I don't know how many beds there are in the bedroom.  If you think that this might fit the bill I suggest that you email Anna at the address given on the web page.  She speaks excellent English but I don't know what her Danish is like!

Regards,

Allan Barham

Offline Michael K. Nielsen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 03:33:55 PM »
Dear Allan
Thanks for your quick reply.
This is my first time using newsforums and so far I am impressed - an continously making mistakes.
I have notivced Annas apartments. They look just perfect for us except the sleeping coach in the living room is described to fit only children. I will consider calling Annas apartments specifically to ask for any possible solutions to this.
Once again thanks for your assisance.
Michael

Offline sheryl

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sherylhume1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 11:36:13 AM »
hi michael
i go to crete every july and it would be a lie to say it was anything other than very hot  .  there is however a very strong wind to cool things down abit.  most people new to plakias complain about the wind  .... until it goes and they are very quick to want it back.  the locals say that the wind comes for 3days and goes away for 3days and i think thats about as accurate as it gets.
have a great time in july
sheryl

Offline Yannis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 01:34:26 PM »
hi michael
i go to crete every july and it would be a lie to say it was anything other than very hot  .  there is however a very strong wind to cool things down abit.  most people new to plakias complain about the wind  .... until it goes and they are very quick to want it back.  the locals say that the wind comes for 3days and goes away for 3days and i think thats about as accurate as it gets.
have a great time in july
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2849\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi all finally got booked for July 5th /19th after problems with the travel agents - we emailed Anna and Stavros Polychronakis(Anna appartments) and booked our flights from Glasgow, got everything confirmed yesterday.
 As we are gettig a taxi from Heraklion can anyone tell me where the Anna Appartments are situated - I have a rough idea but not to sure.
Yannis Macinneyous

Offline Allan Barham

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 05:04:59 PM »
Directions to Annas:

Turn right just past the Lamon Hotel and go to the T junction at the top of the road (Medousa is directly in front of you).  Turn left and go past Irakambos.  The road bends sharp right and almost immediately sharp left.  Anna's is on the left about 200 yards further on - you will recognise it by the two glass globes on the gate posts.  If you get as far as the Youth Hostel you've gone too far!

Have a great time

Allan