Author Topic: Anna Appartments  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Lefkoritakis

• View Profile
    • Email
Anna Appartments
« on: March 13, 2012, 08:36:10 PM »
I thought members might be interested to know that it is again possible to book Anna Apartments in Plakias direct with the owners. I first visited Plakias nearly 20 years ago booking through the 'original' Simply Crete and staying at Anna Apartments. In recent years these beautiful apartments have only been available through the Dutch Travel company Ross Holidays but for this season the wonderful Polychronakis family have decided to accept bookings direct. The apartments have been refurbished twice since I first stayed there and I think are probably the best quality rooms available in the town. No apologies that this sounds like an advertisement, they are great apartments and the Polychronakis family are hosts in true Cretan style. You can find more details on their website:

http://www.anna-plakias.gr

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Re: Anna Appartments
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
We stayed there a few times before its latest refurb.

Couldn't fault it, the accomodation is great. Very friendly, the cleaner whose name escapes me was lovely.

The only reason we moved elsewhere was convenience (though this is hardly more than a 5min trek from 'downtown') and the fact that for the amount we used the room it made sense to find somewhere cheaper.

Offline Lefkoritakis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 07:27:13 PM »
The person you are thinking of is Amelia, a wonderful character. she has retired now but we usually pay her a visit when we are in Crete

Offline Maz_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 10:55:32 PM »
Hello to every one on the Forum.

I have just joined the forum.  We have been visiting Plakias every year since 2003.  We love everything about Plakias.  We stayed at Anna Apartments twice & was very disappointed when Ross holidays took over the bookings.  We have booked our flights for this coming Sept 2012 for 2 weeks & look forward to meeting old friend in Medusa Taverna on our first night .  So looking forward to it. :-)

Offline Lefkoritakis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 03:27:58 PM »
Hello Maz_1, I think you will like the improvements at Anna Apartments, among other changes there is now a roof top sun terrace, ideal for enjoying a glass or two as the sun goes down. We are flying out in a couple of days so I will report any further alterations