login

Author Topic: Arriving 12/06/04!  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Blueflame

• MSN Messenger - jleechmere@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Arriving 12/06/04!
« on: May 04, 2004, 10:26:09 PM »
Hi John and yassus everybody,

We holidayed in Plakias for the first time last year, and despite promising ourselves we would never go back to the same place twice, guess what !, we are sorting ourselves out for a two week stay starting 12/06/04.

Apart from the very objectionable guy from Sheffield, who made Rab C Nesmith appear to be a sober, studious, intelligent member of the human race; I have to say what a tremendous place!

I dearly hope that the aforementioned person decides to visit Benidorm this year!
(If somebody is reading this for you, there are some great deals out there, please take advantage of them!)

Now, back to Plakias,

In Ostraco's words, the perfect place to holiday.

A great combination of people, both locals and holiday makers.

One of God's best place's.

What made the holiday great for us were the little touches, the little acts of kindness which go such a long way to making you feel better!

My many heartfelt thanks to John ( Ostraco), without which, I doubt I would have ever found Plakias.

My thanks to Manolis in the small mini-market, down the side street, opposite Anso, who took extra-ordinary care when I shopped there.

Retailers in the UK should take note!

Just to give you a flavour, he sent me a Christmas card!, and all I did was spend a little money at his shop and practise my basic Greek.

Once again, my thanks to all concerned and I hope to retire there one day!

Yammas!

Blueflame (John L) )Yannis)

Offline Nightfly

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Arriving 12/06/04!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 12:41:04 PM »
Hi All,

Although we've never visited Plakias, it is posts like this that convinced us that it is our sort of place. 30'ish years ago, our first holiday together was to Crete (Elounda, when it really was "a sleepy little village") and since then we've had great holidays all over Greece, always trying somewhere new, and so we've never returned to Crete, even though we both thought that the Cretan people were in some way special.

When the time came to plan our 2004 holiday, the urge to try somewhere new seemed to have faded, and as this would be our first holiday without the family in tow for many years, we decided it would be the ideal opportunity to re-vist Crete.

After much brochure-browsing we realized that most of Northern Crete seemed to have been "over-developed"(to our eyes, at least), and that the South-West seemed to be just what we were looking for. A bit of research on the net and we had our shortlist; a bit more searching brought this site to our attention and our shortlist suddenly became very short indeed.

First Choice were offering some very generous discounts at that time so the booking was made and we arrive in Plakias on 18 May.

We are both convinced that we've picked the right spot and everything we've read on this site confirms it.

So thanks to everyone for the wealth of information posted on the site, and special thanks to the people who have answered my queries in the past. It seems that we will be in Plakias at the same time as John(Ostraco) and we are looking forward to thanking him in person. (Mythos with Metaxa chaser okay for you John?)  

Bye for now

John and Lorraine