login

Author Topic: Germania flights  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Pimo

• View Profile
    • Email
Germania flights
« on: June 10, 2013, 01:22:28 PM »
I've just checked my departure flight to Plakias (flying with Germania) on the Manchester airport website, and it says the flight is to Chania, and not the usual Heraklion.....

Our travel documents show Heralkion though !!

Very strange !

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
Re: Germania flights
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 02:05:45 PM »
How very curious.  I am sure that there are lots of us who will be flying to Plakias from Manchester who would like to you to report back - wherever you find yourself.  Chania is a much nicer airport.  Good old Kosmar used Chania for Plakias holidays and the distance is much the same.  Will Olympic sort out transfers from Chania, if indeed that is where you end up?!  Coupled with Lampyland's post in the Olympic thread, it all seems rather chaotic for Olympic's flights.

Enjoy your holiday

Arnaki

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
Re: Germania flights
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 09:01:33 PM »
I'm due to fly to Heraklion in August from Manchester on the 0800 Germania flight, but worryingly, it does not appear to exist according to Manchester Airport website.  The only Germania flight is the 2030 departure.   When we originally booked it was Travel Service, then it was changed to Germania, at a similar time.  Our daughter is due back at school on the Wednesday, and if we are now on the evening flight we will arrive at 0550 on Wednesday morning - the same thing happened last year, and I am not sure the school is going to believe us!

Our on-line booking still shows the morning flight and we haven't received notification (or our tickets) yet telling us any different.

The website shows a flight to Chania with Small Planet at 0830, and I am hoping that Pimo's story is the same as mine, and that the missing morning flight with Germania is simply an error on the website.  If anyone has flown recently from Manchester on the 0800 flight with Germania (or been moved to the night flight), please either put my mind at rest, or let me know the worst.

Many thanks

Arnaki

I'll answer myself then....  in case anyone is interested, I have just checked tomorrow's departures and there is a Germania flight to Heraklion at 0805 in the morning, so I am relieved.  Sorry if I caused any anxiety to others flying from Manchester.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:29:29 PM by Arnaki »