login

Author Topic: Stansted to Heralion Flights  (Read 5438 times)

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Stansted to Heralion Flights
« on: February 25, 2008, 08:22:24 PM »
I suppose it shouldn't come as a shock - flights changed and, surprise, surprise, it means we are travelling at less convenient times and losing 11 hours from our holiday  .
Stansted flights are quite expensive but worth it for the convenience (for us). With the Easyjet flights now, we'll put up with the extra travelling to Gatwick if it means better times and saving about £70 per person. With luck the cancellation charges won't be too high.

There ... I feel better already

Offline fenman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 10:23:26 AM »
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen
I suppose it shouldn't come as a shock - flights changed and, surprise, surprise, it means we are travelling at less convenient times and losing 11 hours from our holiday  .
Stansted flights are quite expensive but worth it for the convenience (for us). With the Easyjet flights now, we'll put up with the extra travelling to Gatwick if it means better times and saving about £70 per person. With luck the cancellation charges won't be too high.

There ... I feel better already

Next time try the new Aegean flights from Stansted, they involve a transfer via Athens but you have through ticketing,and a 10.00am departure from STN and 15.00 departure from HER

I am quoted £238 return for mid June

Ian

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 12:37:46 PM »
Thanks for the info Ian. Looking at the Ts&Cs for our flight, I see they give no refunds and we can only cancel if the time has been changed by more than 12 hrs. As has happened before, the return flight is 11 hrs earlier so it looks like we're stuck with them.  

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 08:17:57 PM »
Quote from: fenman
Next time try the new Aegean flights from Stansted, they involve a transfer via Athens but you have through ticketing,and a 10.00am departure from STN and 15.00 departure from HER

Ian

Wasn't Aegean involved in a crash a year or two ago?  
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline fenman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 08:35:02 AM »
Quote from: Noopsy 500
Quote from: fenman

Ian

Wasn't Aegean involved in a crash a year or two ago?  

I think that was Helios

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 12:53:39 PM »
My disappointment at the change of flight times has been replaced by complete frustration; I've tried the 0870 number given in the letter from Thomas Cook(and others but they all lead to the same call centre) probably more than 30 times in the last 2 days but on every occasion I've received the message 'All our agents are on-call, please try later'  
I've given up, now, on the idea of changing flights as the website says the only way to do it is through the call centre. Possibly, not being able to get through suits Thomas Cook.
I will try not to use Thomas Cook next year although, the sad truth is, the company I book with next year may be just as bad.

End of moan ... until the next one!

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen
I will try not to use Thomas Cook next year although, the sad truth is, the company I book with next year may be just as bad.

End of moan ... until the next one!
I'll add another rant about Thomas Cook, who, as new owners of Manos, seem to have ruined it. Manos was always excellent for singles in that they allowed them to go single supplement free early and late season. They still make the same boast in their brochure but now add "adult supplements" that are single supplements in every aspect except name. This has resulted in the holiday I went on with them late Sept/Oct 2007 going up in price by ca. 50%. I just hope TC rationalises and sells off Manos so they can get back to former times.

Mike