login

Author Topic: Spell Check  (Read 4015 times)

Offline Susan K

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spell Check
« on: April 29, 2004, 06:29:06 AM »
Andy

Is it possible to add a spell check when posting?

Thanks

Susan

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Spell Check
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 12:08:03 PM »
Hi Susan,

Andy will give you the definative answer but I think that Spellcheck for Invision boards is not available on the free version.

There is however other alternatives:

tinySpell available here. Loads at Startup and can either monitor all typing or be launched to scan the clipboard, ie copy text then run tinySpell

Use a VB Script to scan the clipboard against the MS Word dictionary, one is available here.

Haven't personally tried either but might give the tinySpell jobby a go.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Spell Check
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 09:03:49 AM »
Nice one Andy, knew there was an IE plugin somewhere, just trying it now.... yep it works although it didn't know 'plugin'. Remember to change to the Queens English in the options (that is if you are from the UK)

Hurray no more spolling mostukes  

Offline sarah

• AOL Instant Messenger - burton836
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spell Check
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 10:09:03 AM »
Andy,

Hope you can help, or anyone else out there who has AOL as a provider. I have down loaded the iespell but cannot find how to get onto it once I have input the text. have contact aol help, they said that they couldn't.

Thanks everyone

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Spell Check
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 12:05:49 PM »
Hi Sarah,

Right click should work... from ieSpell website:

If you are using Internet Explorer, you can access ieSpell in one of the following three ways:
Under the "Tools" menu, click on "ieSpell" item to start the spelling check or click on the "ieSpell Options" to configure ieSpell.
Click on the ieSpell toolbar button (if enabled) to activate the spelling check.
Right click in the browser and in the menu that appears, click on the "ieSpell" item to start the spelling check or click on the "ieSpell Options" to configure ieSpell.

If you are using a browser based on the IE engine (e.g. AOL, MSN, NetCaptor, NeoPlanet, etc), then only the last option (i.e. using the right-click menu) is available to you.