login

Author Topic: We're Off!  (Read 4842 times)

Offline nora

• View Profile
We're Off!
« on: September 24, 2012, 07:37:05 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has answered my many questions over the past 10 months - mainly concerning FOOD!

We are jetting off tomorrow morning with everything packed, lists of places to eat, beaches to visit. walks to get lost on, even the weathers looking great.

I'll make sure I return the favour and report back in 2 weeks.

Efharisto
Nora x

Offline nora

• View Profile
Re: We're Off!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »
Thanks Lampyland - what a coincidence -  we are also off to Paxos in May13  - staying at Bastas in Lakka with Olympic - would be interested in reading all about your holiday on your return - Continue to enjoy it.
Nora x

Offline nora

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 07:54:23 AM »
I'm back after 14 days of gorgeous sunshine - feeling well rested and greeked out. Plakias was fantastic - didn't manage to do many walks as the weather was so hot - had fingers like bunches of bananas after the exhursion of the myrtos water mill walk - stunningly beautiful though. Really enjoyed the Irida apartments and the 40 min walk to Daminoni beach through olive groves. Violakis taverna in Daminoni was stunning. We spent most of our days alternating between beaches. the town beach in front of the football pitch had great snorkelling. Never seen so many naturists in a resort - had fun deciding on a collective noun - a 'colony' of naturists or maybe a 'dangle'.

Tavernas did not dissapoint either - I enjoyed the manioko as others have - great lamb dishes and a lovely family. Mouses spit roast pork gyros, beef stifado at Gioma. chicken and bacon souvlaki in Sifis, lamb chops in Apanemo, salmon and spinach lasagne in Tassilimos. I could go on.........

One of the best holidays we have had in Greece and we would love to return  in May to do some of those walks we did not have the opportunity to do this time. Not next year as we are booked for elsewhere but sometime soon.

Efharisto to all

Nora x

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 03:13:23 PM »
Glad you had a great time Nora, we were there for the same two weeks and we were lucky with the weather weren't we? (especially after what we had last year).

A dangle of naturists sounds good to me :-)

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 03:54:04 PM »

What about a 'plod' of naturists?

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline nora

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 06:48:24 PM »
Didn't think of plod - could catch on.....

Yes Ploppy we were so lucky with the weather - it was also the first holiday with no mossie bites.

I have got one question though - what type of trees are they on Plakias promenade -the ones that look like firs and had cream blossom? I admired them on many an occasion from my extremely comfortable seat in the Livikon bar.

Nora x

Offline Regulars since 1992

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 08:18:46 PM »
I christened farenders "the Dingly Dangly Club" a few years ago and it's made a few people laugh since:-)

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 10:04:40 PM »
Tamarisk trees on Plakias prom.

Offline nora

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 07:53:59 AM »
Tamarisk - thanks John!

Offline Stuart & Hilary

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 12:08:57 PM »
We haven’t been in Plakias at this time of year before to see the  Tamarix/tamarisk  trees flowering so spectacularly  with their sprays of pink/cream  flowers. Here in Devon tamarix grows quite happily but if you holiday in Cornwall you will see it widely used as a hedging plant as it is salt tolerant. The  salt in the air and in the moisture from the ground near the sea acts as a moisture regulator and prevents  the trees from drying out.
Stuart

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
We're Off!
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 09:52:41 PM »
We have a few Tamarisks in our Garden here in Wales and they flower in late Spring and early summer in our wet climate.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:22:41 PM by Lampyland »