Author Topic: Sun Beds  (Read 55622 times)

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Sun Beds
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2012, 12:44:51 PM »
Well we won,t be using sunbeds as we've come up with an alternative!!

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2012, 01:55:49 PM »
Just for the record there were many more than 20 beds when I was in Paleochora in July this year and none of the parosoles was tatty. In fact, as an alternative to Plakias, I think it's an excellent choice. Beautifully kept beach with plenty of beds available at the "far end". The rest of the beach also is much better than the rest of Plakias beach.
Now that easyJet flies to Chania it's easy to get to. Taxi to the bus station (this is the only annoying bit) and then bus to Pal.
Incidentally, Sunvil still does packages to Pal.
Sorry to use this site to promote Pal. I still love Plakias just as much.
Hello Bertie,

You are quite right that Paleochora is somewhere that Plakias lovers will also enjoy, especially farenders. I would rate the beach and tavernas about as highly as Plakias and there is good walking, although my impression was that there were fewer good walks that both started and finished in Paleochora.

As has been said the big disadvantage is that no middle of the road UK tour operator goes there (I don't know a lot about Sunvil but assume they are up market of the likes of Olympic).

Although the option mentioned of using the bus from Chania for the transfer is possible, I don't think many other than the very hardy will consider it a viable option. Pity.

Mike

Offline kayisi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2012, 06:42:29 PM »
Just returned from a very enjoyable laid back week in Plakias (4 - 11 Sept) and because of the four days wind we had we only ventured down to the far end once.  On the non-windy day we went all the sun beds were in use and going by the number of people stretched out on the sand and under the tamarisk tree more beds wouldn't go amiss.  None of the other sun bed areas on the beach were anywhere near fully utilised so I think someone is missing a trick by not providing more down at the far end.  It isn't as though there isn't room for more either.

Offline paleo

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jim-murray.co.uk
    • Email
Re: Sun Beds - On the other hand
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2012, 06:54:43 PM »
On the other had look what they've done to Amoudaki aka Micro Amoudi - you can barely (sic) find a place to spread your towel out - used to be our favourite beach now even sardines would be feeling squashed. Fortunately they are in the process of end-of-season strike down so it should be back as it was in a few days

Offline nora

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2012, 07:16:59 PM »
Yes this busy beach was what started off our search for the collective noun - there definately was a 'colony' on Micro Amoudi. Much preferred the emptier beaches.

Offline triton

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2013, 08:04:01 PM »
If any beds are occupied with towels and not being used for a long time then the towels will be removed and tossed in the sea or bushes !!
If there's one thing that bugs me it's this. Recently in Turkey we could not get bed's around the pool
70% had towels on them unoccupied. I even found a waiter putting towels on for two young girls who didn't surface until around 2pm. Wonder why??
Hence, this was the first and last time to that country.
The Greek islands every time for us.  Whinge over and out !!

plakias-beach-masseur

« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2013, 07:41:43 AM »
Oh dear. I'm a resident in Plakias and despair of the British Sun Club mentality. When I was 19 I came across the true spirit of naturism in Sweden. It was about freedom and living life. Now it seems that in Britain it is about boring, lazy, middle-aged, overweight people spending all day lying on a sunbed and whinging on about there not being enough sunbeds to go round. Have any of you tried putting a towel down and lying on the sand? I guess not.

plakias-beach-masseur

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2013, 01:24:14 PM »
I'm not Swedish. I'm English. But I have a respect for the values and morality of the local culture. And for a Cretan person the sight of a middleaged woman lying on a sunbed with her legs apart for all to see is offensive and they would think of her as something of a slag. If tourists of any nationality want to behave in this way then go to Micro Amoudi. Plakias is simply too much in the face of the locals and such behaviour causes great offense.

plakias-beach-masseur

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2013, 11:22:57 AM »
I do work on the beach. Check out http://www.plakias-beach-massage.com for more info.

My wife is ashamed at the way some of the women behave. As a woman herself she simply can't understand how another woman can behave in such an unladylike way. So she no longer goes down to the 'far end'. She doesn't want anyone to think she's like these other women.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2013, 06:24:29 PM »
This is, and always has been Plakias, if you don't like..........................

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2013, 07:31:20 PM »
Nobody forces anyone to go to the far end, if you don't like it, don't go. Simple, isn't it?

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2013, 08:58:46 PM »
Barny & Spotttt here here!!!!!!!!!!! we totally agree with you.

We think this Guy is using the Forum to attract attention to his business &  line his pockets.

Offline Rogataber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »
He post messages like a troll, he talks like a troll, do you think he is a troll?

plakias-beach-masseur

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2013, 08:14:11 AM »
To Barny, Spottttttt, Dave&Les, Rogataber

Sorry to disappoint you lot. I'm not a troll. I'm an ex-cambridge blue and an ex-Vice Consul for Thailand. I have over forty years experience of naturism all over the world and for three years ran my own naturist establishment. In other words I know what I'm talking about. I'm not here to line my pockets. I don't need to. I'm here to have some fun. But if you lot think you can bring your common, lower class British sun club values to Plakias without attracting adverse comments from the locals then you are living in Pixie world.

There are Cretan mothers here with ten year old little boys. Little boys being what they are they cycle up to the far end to have a look. And what do they see? A British beached whale lying naked in the sun with her legs wide apart. Would you like that happeneing in your own back yard back in Britain. I don't think so. But you seem to think that it's OK here. It isn't.

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2013, 02:18:06 PM »
The "far end" topic has been an active one for several years on the forum. It seems to me that there are facts and then opinions.

Fact 1 is that the far end is the reason that a substantial number of the visitors come to Plakias and without them those selling tourist services in the town would suffer immensely.

Fact 2 is that the far end is as it says, i.e. at the far end of a road that ends just beyond the beach end. It would be difficult to see anyone on the beach from the road without binoculars.

Fact 3 is that it is quite a small proportion of Plakias' beach so anyone offended can go elsewhere. If you didn't approve of drinking alcohol you wouldn't go into a pub after all.

Use by the previous contributor of words such as "if you lot think you can bring your common, lower class British sun club values" will only reinforce the impression that the write is indeed a troll.