login

Author Topic: afternoon sun at Sofia  (Read 6414 times)

Offline robludlow

• View Profile
    • Email
afternoon sun at Sofia
« on: June 03, 2012, 03:02:32 PM »
Hi All
We're making our 5th visit to Plakias in Sept., staying at Sofia for the first time.  I'm just hoping for a bit of info from anybody who might have stayed there, and could recommend a room which gets late afternoon/early evening sun - we love going back over the day or talking about past holidays whilst sipping an ouzo in the warmth and then watching the sun set.
Greetings to all old and new greco - (and especially plakias) - philes.

Offline Sofia Hotel Reception

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: afternoon sun at Sofia
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 08:06:07 AM »
Dear Guest

I am contacting you from the Sofia Hotel in Plakias.  I have read your post and would like to honor your request for a room with sun in the afternoon.  If you would like to provide me with your booking details I will ensure a comfortable room for you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Reception

www.sofiahotelplakias.com 

email info@sofiahotelplakias.com.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 04:41:21 PM »

i don't think you can argue with that!

well done Sofia  :)

Offline Stuart & Hilary

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 06:01:13 PM »
It's good to see a business in Plakias on the ball.

Stuart

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 06:03:01 PM »
I'm impressed!!

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 04:16:11 PM »
Hotel Sophia is very impressive. My last stay there was great - lovely rooms, well decorated and looked after. The staff are excellent too - Kostas and Chrysoula are always around and make sure standards don't slip.
The trouble is, people are getting to know - we couldn't get a booking there last year or this . Perhaps we'll try earlier next year.
John - Ostraco

Offline robludlow

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 01:31:27 PM »
Many thanks to those who commented on my request for a recommendation for a room with afternoon sun at Sophia, including John (for such a positive comment on the hotel), and especially to reception at Sophia for taking the trouble to reply directly on the forum.
This is intended as a non-political comment, but just to say that perhaps the news from Athens is a little better this morning, if it means that a functioning goverment in Greece can be formed as a result of yesterday's election result.
Robludlow

Offline kayisi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 09:07:33 PM »
Even though we have been traveling to the Greek islands for over 30 years my wife and I are visiting Plakias for the first time in early September for a week and are staying at Sophia too with a similar desire for a room with some sun in the late afternoon/evening as robludlow

It was also good to read the positive comments from ostraco about Sophia as booking with a holiday company can be a bit of a lottery at times.  I wonder would it be in order for me to be a bit cheeky and ask our forum friend at Sophia if a nice room might be found for us too?

Offline Sofia Hotel Reception

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 09:58:06 AM »
Hello

I hope to catch you in time.  My apologies for not answering sooner.  I have sent an email to you requesting your booking details so that I can deal with your request.  I could not find anything with the username you use here in my reservations.

Please let me know asap.

Kind regards

Receptioin

Offline kayisi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 06:56:01 PM »
Hello

I hope to catch you in time.  My apologies for not answering sooner.  I have sent an email to you requesting your booking details so that I can deal with your request.  I could not find anything with the username you use here in my reservations.

Please let me know asap.

Kind regards

Receptioin

Thanks for trying.  We are now back after having spent an enjoyable week with you without an afternoon sun room (by choice when we got there).  We opted for the rear overlooking the 'cat cafe' with sun first thing in a morning.

I would like to commend everyone at the Sofia for the immaculate housekeeping and friendliness we experienced whilst with you.  My only gripe, and I know that there is nothing you can do about it, is the size of the balconies which are far too small for comfort.  Other than that I would, without any hesitation, recommend the Sofia to anyone going to Plakias.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:20:52 AM by kayisi »