Author Topic: Off season.  (Read 2268 times)

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
Off season.
« on: July 28, 2013, 03:28:30 PM »
Anyone visited off season? It's worth the effort, as Plakias is totally different when the season ends. We had a great time, and I'd love to do it again. However, we had to fly Heathrow-> Athens -> Crete. This was not as bad - or expensive- as it sounds, but takes a great deal more time.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's visited in the quiet times!

But the main reason for this post is that a group of Crete ex-pats are currently trying to get direct flights to Crete from the UK all year round, which would be a great benefit to them, and to us when we decided to go for a winter break. Please take the time to add your name to the petition here:
http://carolina.epetitions.net/
John - Ostraco

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Off season.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 07:21:22 PM »
I have a friend whose Mum lives near Chania and she visits at all times of the year but has sometimes had to fly via Athens depending on the holiday. Apparently it's not too difficult to do...the only real problem has been the luggage issue with the travel companies such as Ryan and Easyjet...so much so that she has now left a workable wardrobe in Crete. The other option is to fly to Athens and then to book on to one of the main ferries in to Heraklion, Chania or Rethymnon...again, booking is quite easy and the sea conditions are tolerable all year round. It depends what you want to do.

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Off season.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 06:14:14 PM »
I would love to hear more about Plakias off-season. We visit early May/late September in the hope that it will be quieter, but it is still very mych 'in-season'.

Richard