login

Author Topic: Deserter  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Doggie

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Deserter
« on: July 16, 2010, 08:12:20 PM »
We stayed in Plakias for four years and very happy visits they were before heading along the South Coast to Ag Galinia! The development in front of the villa we rented in Lefkogia prompted us to look elsewhere and this year we had two weeks in Ag Galini, a few days at Ligres Taverna chilling while the sea boiled and made swimming impossible and finished with four fabulous days in a graet hotel in Georgopoulis (first time for us in 10 years of Crete). And yes we are still in the withdrawal phase of our Cretan holiday after three weeks of dismal Scottish summer gales.
That is irrelevant to this topic.
I scan the Plakias Forum occasionally and I just wanted to comment that the forum is populated by genuine lovers of Plakias and always gives helpful information amongst the Plakchat to others seeking information about Plakias!
I also browse the Interkriti site and have now given up on it in abject disgust. That site is populated by what seems in the main to be mindless individuals hell bent on rubbishing any serious question posed and folk who frankly are the epitome of ignorant forum conduct. They diminish the efforts of serious contributors to the Crete cause and when tourism, property prices etc are in need of TLC, no potential tourist or wannabe resient is going to be swayed by the tripe spat out on that site.
So, long may the Plakias forum be a beacon of help light humour and friendship to its members and guests.
Doggie aka Doug Adam

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Deserter
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 04:32:17 PM »
Quote from: Doggie
We stayed in Plakias for four years and very happy visits they were before heading along the South Coast to Ag Galinia! The development in front of the villa we rented in Lefkogia prompted us to look elsewhere and this year we had two weeks in Ag Galini, a few days at Ligres Taverna chilling while the sea boiled and made swimming impossible and finished with four fabulous days in a graet hotel in Georgopoulis (first time for us in 10 years of Crete). And yes we are still in the withdrawal phase of our Cretan holiday after three weeks of dismal Scottish summer gales.
That is irrelevant to this topic.
I scan the Plakias Forum occasionally and I just wanted to comment that the forum is populated by genuine lovers of Plakias and always gives helpful information amongst the Plakchat to others seeking information about Plakias!
I also browse the Interkriti site and have now given up on it in abject disgust. That site is populated by what seems in the main to be mindless individuals hell bent on rubbishing any serious question posed and folk who frankly are the epitome of ignorant forum conduct. They diminish the efforts of serious contributors to the Crete cause and when tourism, property prices etc are in need of TLC, no potential tourist or wannabe resient is going to be swayed by the tripe spat out on that site.
So, long may the Plakias forum be a beacon of help light humour and friendship to its members and guests.
Doggie aka Doug Adam
Couldn't agree with you more.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Deserter
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 10:03:35 PM »

interkriti forum is dreadful these days...........

good to hear you enjoyed Ligres Doug, although my mate runs the Villa Maria there

Offline Doggie

• View Profile
    • Email
Deserter
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 08:25:11 PM »
Quote from: harribobs
interkriti forum is dreadful these days.
good to hear you enjoyed Ligres Doug, although my mate runs the Villa Maria there
Aye we did Chris although the full moon while we were there produced a major sea swell with waves that kept us all out of the sea for 'elf and safety' reasons for the three nights we were there. Still magical on the balcony as the sun set with an ouzo in hand listening to the booming sea! But we fled the South Coast for Georgopoulis and some good swimming at the end of our holiday this year. We stayed at your mate's place Villa Maria on Ligres Beach last year...lovely place and helpful family owners with Antonis on the grill!

As a postscript to my recent post the "moderators" at Interkriti barred me after my adverse observations but if they spent their energies sorting out the idiots who rubbish almost every contributor's thread they might get back to a worthwhile site to browse.
All best wishes
Doug