Author Topic: Aegean moving from Stansted  (Read 10631 times)

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Aegean moving from Stansted
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 02:33:45 PM »
For those considering using public transport, the set-up in Chania is also better than Heraklion: the airport bus takes you straight to the bus station from where you catch your connection to Rethymnon.  There is no trek between the bus stop where the airport bus drops you off to the bus station like there is in Heraklion.

Noopsy
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »
Quote from: Rowena & Carl
Quote from: Ploppy
Hi Paul

All I can say we've flown Aegean twice now Xmas 2008 & November 2009, great airline, service first class & remember as soon as you board in Heathrow you are in greece, music, announments, food, amstel etc a good way to start your holiday. The wait in Athens is nothing it's a great airport, in fact we thought this time 2 hours wasn't long enough on the way home! & then greek all the way back to the UK. For an extra 10% I recommend it & the added bonus to arrive in Chania. Also your flight to Athens from Chania is an internal flight so no 2 hour check in. When we flew early on New Years day we stayed in Chania on New Years eve which was very enjoyable so another to bear in mind...

Rowena

Hi Rowena,

Thanks for this, I booked with Aegean in the end and it sounds like it was a good choice.

I read reviews on the web and the Greek food and Ouzo upon boarding sold it to me!

How long is a taxi ride from Chania airport to Plakias?

Paul

HI Paul,

I think you will enjoy.

Taxi about 1 hour 15, it's only about 12 km closer than Heraklion.

Rowena

Just for info, we've booked EJ -  Gatwick to Chania for 22nd August for 28days -  £330 for the 2 of us.....think this is still a reasonable price.

Thought we would try Chania for a change. Wonder if anyone else considers it less hassel?

We know the distance is much the same to Plakias as from Heraklion.

Dave&Les

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 07:47:21 PM »
Quote from: Dave&Les
Hi Paul

All I can say we've flown Aegean twice now Xmas 2008 & November 2009, great airline, service first class & remember as soon as you board in Heathrow you are in greece, music, announments, food, amstel etc a good way to start your holiday. The wait in Athens is nothing it's a great airport, in fact we thought this time 2 hours wasn't long enough on the way home! & then greek all the way back to the UK. For an extra 10% I recommend it & the added bonus to arrive in Chania. Also your flight to Athens from Chania is an internal flight so no 2 hour check in. When we flew early on New Years day we stayed in Chania on New Years eve which was very enjoyable so another to bear in mind...

Rowena

Hi Rowena,

Thanks for this, I booked with Aegean in the end and it sounds like it was a good choice.

I read reviews on the web and the Greek food and Ouzo upon boarding sold it to me!

Paul

HI Paul,

I think you will enjoy.

Rowena

Just for info, we've booked EJ -  Gatwick to Chania for 22nd August for 28days -  £330 for the 2 of us.....think this is still a reasonable price.

Thought we would try Chania for a change. Wonder if anyone else considers it less hassel?

Dave&Les

If it would be possible we would prefer Chania.
Unfortunately, our airport does not offer anymore flights to Chania.
The airport is small and clearly arranged.
I am sure you will enjoy the travel from the airport because you will have a view over
bay of Chania. Hopefully, you will have arrive in the daytime.

Kerstin

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 08:41:21 PM »
Quote from: Kerstin
Quote from: Dave&Les
Hi Paul

Rowena

Hi Rowena,

Paul

HI Paul,

I think you will enjoy.

Rowena

Dave&Les

If it would be possible we would prefer Chania.
Unfortunately, our airport does not offer anymore flights to Chania.
The airport is small and clearly arranged.
I am sure you will enjoy the travel from the airport because you will have a view over
bay of Chania. Hopefully, you will arrive in the daytime.

Kerstin

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 10:05:26 AM »
IMHO Chania is a much easier airport to fly from and into on a general basis, plus you =can wander off to the taverna outside the gates if the flight is delayed  

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 09:32:29 AM »
Quote from: harribobs
IMHO Chania is a much easier airport to fly from and into on a general basis, plus you =can wander off to the taverna outside the gates if the flight is delayed  

Thanks for the comments ........we last used Chania about 10 years ago but I quess it's much busier now.

Anyway it will make a change from 'Manic' Heraklion.

Yamas!!

Counting the weeks now.

Dave&Les