login

Author Topic: Users Logged In Today!!!  (Read 4363 times)

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Users Logged In Today!!!
« on: March 12, 2014, 10:51:15 AM »
I can see there are plenty of us just itching for something to read/reply to - everyday - but there's not much happening I guess, so I thought I'd just start a new topic in case anyone felt like responding.
Is there any snow on the mountains in Plakias-shire?(Locals/ex-pats should be able to reply to that one - or even have a recent photo?).
When is the 1st week of the new season deemed to be? (not - when is the first flight from the uk?) i.e. Is Plakias up and running with tourists from other countries by the time we (Brits) get there?When do they start arriving?
Any news re the arcade being reintroduced?(On the Plakias website). I'm not after Skegness sea front flashing lights and bells ringing in Plakias thanks!!!
Your next visit - Is anyone getting excited yet? Have you been counting down? Is there someone (administrator) that could add the countdown function to our profiles or something similar?
I'll shut up now and await a/some responses from the rest of you
"Users Logged In Today"

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Users Logged In Today!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 05:17:03 PM »
I was wondering too........very keen to know if there has been a repeat of last year's out of season heat wave.
Has the Tamarisk tree that was damaged been cleared ?
What arcade are we talking about ?.....having grown up in a seaside town with bingo and all, I am having real difficulty in imagining what an arcade would mean for Plakias.

Will be in Plakias in almost exactly six months for my birthday and we're counting down the days ! Woo hoo !!

Jackie

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 09:19:38 PM »
Thanks Daza for waking up the Forum again!

I have a Master's dissertation to finish before I can get excited about anything (looking at the forum is one of my avoidance tactics).  Then I have a holiday in Kefalonia at the end of May, with Plakias in August (lucky me!).

Jackie - the arcade was a game forum on this website, not transporting Blackpool pier to Plakias.  It posted your scores for others to see, so you could see who was wasting the most time!  For the sake of my dissertation I hope it doesn't come back for a couple of months....

Whilst we are asking questions and thinking about Plakias, I'd love to see a webcam in Plakias, maybe looking over the little harbour.  Possibly better not at the Far End.  ;)

Arnaki

(Oooh, how exciting - I've spotted this is my 100th post, and I'm now a Full Member)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:22:05 PM by Arnaki »

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 04:51:35 PM »
That's stirred the pot a little...........

Glad to know there is still life out there.

For all you waiting to enjoy paradise again this year it would be nice to get any news from anyone.
We are on count down now with only seven & a half weeks to go.......excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Arnaki we would love to see a webcam too.

Looking forward to meeting up with any forum members this year & Arnaki & family in August!!

Dave&Les

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 05:17:00 PM »
We'll be there in June, can't wait, we went to Corfu last year for a change, big mistake!!

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 06:18:03 PM »
we have to wait until early September for our Plakias fix.
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

Offline mickydripping

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 09:39:06 PM »
I am intrigued with the idea of moving a Skegness Arcade to Plakias....or maybe we should move the pitta gyros shop to Skeggy!  How about residential caravans on Timeos Stavros... perhaps they would roll down hill to Happimag...might even be an improvement! I,ll be out in May and October.

Offline Davos

• MSN Messenger - plakias@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://davosplakias.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 10:45:53 PM »
A webcam would be a good idea, I have a couple I look at from time to time, and it's good see somewhere you know well.

I have to wait until September to get this years fix, man it's so far off ;(

Davos
Smile you are in Plakias. :)

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 10:31:29 AM »
A bit of a relief to hear that the arcade is Forum IT based.....I was beginning to wonder ! (and it shows how useless I am at IT).

A webcam would be lovely.....I have Plakias as a Google Earth shot on my laptop but when you go to street level it loses the plot so they obviously didn't drive their little car down the main street (like they did with our tiny cul de sac here !). A webcam would be lovely as I can introduce our friend David to the village before he visits for the first time in Sept !

Am looking forward to the hols soooo much !

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 04:46:45 PM »
Back in early May, less than seven weeks now. Can't wait!

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 07:24:03 PM »
The Arcade is still there, its just the link to it that is missing.

I will add that back in.

In the meantime you can access it here:

http://forums.plakias.co.uk/index.php?action=arcade

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 10:48:08 PM »
Thanks, Ploppy, for the Arcade link on the menu now.  Let the games begin....

Arnaki