login

Author Topic: Being "hacked"?  (Read 15991 times)

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Being "hacked"?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 04:14:22 PM »
@Graham

I'm not sure what versions of Firefox and/or NoScript you have .... BUT you really should click on the <Help>drop-down of Firefox and click on "Check for updates".

There has been a bucket-load of critical fixes in the past couple of months.

Along with the vital stuff, the old "Extensions" gizmo has been renamed as "Add-ins" and is now automated, so updates are notified each time you open FF - great for keeping you up to date.

@Noopsy

I'm at a bit of a loss ... if you're clicking on the right bits of images, it should work

Can you see the image below

Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Being "hacked"?
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2007, 05:29:56 PM »
Quote from: Chas
@Graham

I'm not sure what versions of Firefox and/or NoScript you have .... BUT you really should click on the <Help>drop-down of Firefox and click on "Check for updates".

Along with the vital stuff, the old "Extensions" gizmo has been renamed as "Add-ins" and is now automated, so updates are notified each time you open FF - great for keeping you up to date.
Ok - But I don't have a problem with NoScript - I was just after more info on the 3 site options when choosing whether to allow or disallow scripts from a site. BTW I'm running the latest vsn of both NoScript and Firefox.

Overall, I'm happy with the way NoScript is working - as well as stopping external scripts by default, it identifies what's running (or wants to run).

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Being "hacked"?
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 05:49:05 PM »
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen
Quote from: Chas
@Graham

Ok - But I don't have a problem with NoScript - I was just after more info on the 3 site options when choosing whether to allow or disallow scripts from a site. BTW I'm running the latest vsn of both NoScript and Firefox.

Overall, I'm happy with the way NoScript is working - as well as stopping external scripts by default, it identifies what's running (or wants to run).
OOeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr!  Now I'm even more cofusticated!!

I guessed your versions were not up-to-date because the display was quite different to the one I get (and I know I'm fully u-t-d) so, where to go from here?

As to "which site option" - my advice would be to start at the highest level (http:/www.whatever.com) and see if that auto-allows the lower levels.
Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Being "hacked"?
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2007, 07:22:22 PM »
Cheers Chas -