login

Author Topic: who owns this now?  (Read 5643 times)

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
who owns this now?
« on: February 19, 2007, 12:03:11 PM »
Many years ago i stayed at the GALLINI BEACH ROOMS they were at the bottom of the hill, by the "island"
opposite Alianthos Gardens. I am just wondering who owns them now with a view to getting prices etc. any one?

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline Barny

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
who owns this now?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:34:48 AM »
Quote from: Barny
Many years ago i stayed at the GALLINI BEACH ROOMS they were at the bottom of the hill, by the "island"
opposite Alianthos Gardens. I am just wondering who owns them now with a view to getting prices etc. any one?

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Daisy

who owns this now?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 11:34:08 AM »

Barny.

Hi Barney  The Alianthos Beach now owns what was the Galini Beach, if you go with Olympic your often put there on b&b basis. Talking to people last year who complained at the cost and the high rating it was given. We stayed there years ago for several visits and were always satisfied but that was when Yanni and his wife looked after it. Daisy

Offline mandie cook

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
who owns this now?
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 09:48:54 AM »
Quote from: Daisy

Barny.

Hi Barney  The Alianthos Beach now owns what was the Galini Beach, if you go with Olympic your often put there on b&b basis. Talking to people last year who complained at the cost and the high rating it was given. We stayed there years ago for several visits and were always satisfied but that was when Yanni and his wife looked after it. Daisy

I stayed there when my daughter was 10 months old;she is nearly nine now and it was quite basic,but ok for a rent room. It is possibly overpriced as a part of Alianthos.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
who owns this now?
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:36:13 AM »
'I stayed there when my daughter was 10 months old;she is nearly nine now and it was quite basic,but ok for a rent room. It is possibly overpriced as a part of Alianthos.'

I stayed there 3 times when Yannis was running it, but times have changed, they are now called the Aliantos apartments and I was qouted 57 euros for a single and 68 euros for a double  

george g...

Offline Barny

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
who owns this now?
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 11:20:01 AM »
What a price!! I wish i could remember what year i first stayed ther, it was with sunmed and the coach transfer was direct to Plakias and the coach was full each time!!
I remember a bigish family on the one journey and after passing through all the gorges and high mountains and the wonderful views, The mother commented that it was "just like Skegness really" and most of the family agreed!!
Weird!

Barny
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
who owns this now?
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 11:35:07 AM »
What a price!! I wish i could remember what year i first stayed ther, it was with sunmed and the coach transfer was direct to Plakias and the coach was full each time!!
I remember a bigish family on the one journey and after passing through all the gorges and high mountains and the wonderful views, The mother commented that it was "just like Skegness really" and most of the family agreed!!
Weird!

Barny

Great company SunMed, even used to get their brochure every year even when I wasn't going anywhere. Very honest, warts and all brochure and a joy to read.
Lovely place Gallini Beach, I remember the second and third time we went there (all with Sunmed), Yannis recognised me immediately and insisted that we go down to his room in the basement and wouldn't let us go until we'd finished of the Raki.  

Where's Skegness??    

george g...

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
who owns this now?
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 12:19:08 PM »
Quote from: George
'I stayed there when my daughter was 10 months old;she is nearly nine now and it was quite basic,but ok for a rent room. It is possibly overpriced as a part of Alianthos.'

I stayed there 3 times when Yannis was running it, but times have changed, they are now called the Aliantos apartments and I was qouted 57 euros for a single and 68 euros for a double  

george g...

Is that including a personal butler?

Mike

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
who owns this now?
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 12:22:42 PM »
Quote from: Mike from Sussex

Mike

George brings his own .....

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
who owns this now?
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 01:02:09 PM »
Weird!

Barny
Probably about 1990.
Great company SunMed, even used to get their brochure every year even when I wasn't going anywhere. Very honest, warts and all brochure and a joy to read.
Lovely place Gallini Beach, I remember the second and third time we went there (all with Sunmed), Yannis recognised me immediately and insisted that we go down to his room in the basement and wouldn't let us go until we'd finished of the Raki.
There used to be a copy of Sunmed's description of Plakias on the board somehwere. Anyone know where it is? I can't find it by searching.

george g...
I've just booked a single room at a place in Paleochora for 3 nights in June at 17 euro per night (including private shower)!!!  I don't know how they do it.

Greecemad
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 01:03:55 PM by Greecemad »

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
who owns this now?
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 03:26:10 PM »
Quote from: harribobs
Quote from: Mike from Sussex

Mike

George brings his own .....

You can't seriously expect me to carry my own luggage!  

george g...