login

Author Topic: Has Amoudaki beach fallen to non-naturists?  (Read 3962 times)

Offline Bobby

• View Profile
    • Email
Has Amoudaki beach fallen to non-naturists?
« on: August 14, 2014, 10:47:04 PM »
It's been my 8th year in Plakias, never been here in August. I'm an avid naturist, so I go mainly to the Amoudaki beach (a.k.a. Micro Amoudi). Usually there are 95% naturists there. For some reason, this August (never been in August, mind you) it is about 80% non-naturists most of the time. The atmosphere though is of mutual respect and peaceful coexistence.
Someone told me that, in August, a lot of Greek people, locals and Atheneans come to Amoudaki, this month being their traditional vacation.
Should I be worried or is it just a harmless seasonal migration of non-naturists that comes every August? Has there ever been a problem with mingling of the two populations. Can anyone of the old-timers enlighten me, please?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:28:07 PM by Bobby »

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Has Amoudaki beach fallen to non-naturists?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 07:43:51 PM »
I can't answer on Micro Amoudi, but all over Europe August is the busy month and beaches get overrun with textiles, but return to normal when work recommences in September. I would not worry too much.

Offline Bertie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 08:48:17 AM »
It was because it was August. There are a lot of Greeks and they tend not to strip off. Go in September and you'll notice things back to normal.

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 03:24:22 PM »
Even the Far End has been a bit mixed, but with peaceful co-existence. There are undressed Greek families, costumed Germans, and couples where one is clad and one not.  The beaches are busier than I've ever seen them, and we are used to coming at the time of year. There has been little wind, although it is picking up this afternoon. The temperature has been comfortable, almost cool, until today. I think the heat is set to continue, for those of you still to come.

Arnaki

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 12:44:30 PM »
I was there  three weeks ago and I think the place is lost for the clothing-optional-friends. There is a beach bar now overlooking the whole beach jut between the steps down to the spot. The parking-lot is much bigger now and the road broader. A pitty!

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 02:30:47 PM »
Yup.....have never visited this beach...must make amends !