Author Topic: sophia  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
sophia
« on: June 11, 2011, 04:26:32 PM »
Has anyone stayed at the Sophia hotel in Plakias? Just thinking about booking  there. Any reviews would be good.it looks really good.

Barny.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 06:24:48 PM by Barny »
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline jann

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
sophia
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 09:18:10 PM »
Quote from: Barny
Has anyone stayed at the Sophia hotel in Plakias? Just thinking about booking  there. Any reviews would be good.it looks really good.

Barny.

Haven't stayed there, but it looks lovely, walked past it every day while there. It's owned by Costas (Chrysoula) 's cousin. another Costa ! and son Vagelis.  Literally round the corner from Ostraco and seafront tavernas.

I would risk staying there definitely. But maybe someone who has actually stayed will have a different view.?

Offline saftie

• View Profile
sophia
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 11:18:34 PM »
Hi, we stayed there last September, it's great, VERY clean, modern bathroom (one of the best we've ever had in Greece) with shower curtain, hairdryer, room had a fridge.  Staff all friendly, breakfast is continental style, usually bread with preserves & butter, cheese, egg, sausages, yoghurt, olives, tomatoes, fruit, juice, tea & coffee etc. (not everything everyday, but most things were served on most days, they seemed to rotate a few things like the sausages & fried eggs).  Only slight negative was the balcony was a bit narrow.  No pool there but the pool at the Costas and Chrysoulla is only a short walk (turn right out of the hotel, go up the lane, over the little wall on the right - not as bad as it sounds!) - they're very friendly here too, and do nice bar snacks there.  We had a partial sea view on our room, don't know what the other rooms are like.  The location was good, up a  side street, rooms double glazed so quiet at night.  I think that air con was available at an extra charge.  I'm sure you won't be disappointed - we would definitely choose to stay there again.
 You can read more reviews on booking.com- they've got quite a few pics on there too. (Moderator - apologies if I'm not supposed to mention other websites, some forums I've been on are quite strict about it.  please feel free to edit if required).

Offline ShirT

• View Profile
    • Email
sophia
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 06:54:39 PM »
We arrived back today after a fortnight at Sophia and would definitely go back again having previously always had self-catering in Plakias. Agree with everything saftie has said and although the balcony is a bit narrow, ours was very much in use. The large palm tree helped with privacy - this was at the back of the hotel looking into the dive centre. It was very hot in the morning but perfect for beers after the beach in the early evening. The staff are very friendly and the cleaning is superb. Take the chance!

Offline ShirT

• View Profile
    • Email
sophia
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 06:57:32 PM »
air con is five euro per night but we didn't use it as had a fan although it is getting hotter now so may have used it if we were still there. Ostraco's is your local!