Author Topic: Plakias Map  (Read 16198 times)

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Plakias Map
« on: September 03, 2006, 05:40:12 PM »
You may have seen that I have started working on the Plakias map.

It uses Google Maps and places an overlay of places in Palakias over the top.

You can see the map here.
Plakias Map.

If would be great if we could get more places added to it. I can't remember exactly where everything is so I need your help.

If you feel like helping take a look at this article.

Thanks,

Paul

P.S Is Ali & Daves shop right? Is it a tad further up?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 05:40:40 PM by Ploppy »

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Plakias Map
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 07:40:30 PM »
Lots more places added now. Starting to look a little crowded!

Thanks to John Page & John R for their assistance.

There is also a link to the map at the top of the page now as well.

The future? A 3d interactive Plakias created from all our Photos.
Not as far away as you might think. Photosynth.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 07:42:46 PM by Ploppy »

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Plakias Map
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:48:50 PM »
Quote from: Ploppy
Thanks to John Page & John R for their assistance.

Wow Ploppy - I did nothing - just gave you one coordinate which you fixed for me. All the thanks are for you in managing this super useful project. May look a bit crowded but things get better when one zooms in. Terrific job.

John R

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Plakias Map
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 02:34:08 PM »
You may have seen that I have started working on the Plakias map.

It uses Google Maps and places an overlay of places in Palakias over the top.

You can see the map here. Plakias Map.

If would be great if we could get more places added to it. I can't remember exactly where everything is so I need your help.

If you feel like helping take a look at this article.

Thanks,

Paul

P.S Is Ali & Daves shop right? Is it a tad further up?

Hi Paul
I have some info for you, but can't find any facility on your email form to add attachments!!
I haven't done this before, you can tell can't you!  

george g...

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Plakias Map
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 03:13:14 PM »
Quote from: George
Hi Paul
I have some info for you, but can't find any facility on your email form to add attachments!!

george g...

Sent you a PM George.

Paul.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Plakias Map
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 03:21:04 PM »
Quote from: George

Hi Paul

george g...

Sent you a PM George.

Paul.
Got it and replied, Paul, Thanks

george g...

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Plakias Map
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 06:45:10 PM »
New additions to the map.

Thanks George!

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Plakias Map
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 07:45:06 PM »
I just think this map is SO good. Congratulations are just not enough for Ploppy (alright with some help as well) Ploppy DO seek me out for a Mythos or two after my arrival 26/27 Sept. I reckon Tourist companies would pay big money for something like this and it really makes me proud to be a minor part of this superb forum.

For me , one zooms in and then uses the menu at the left and the overcrowding problem becomes insignificant with the map moving from place to place at the clickof a mouse.

Just think - in just under 3 weeks time I'll be able to do all that on the ground  for real - counting .................

Ploppy - I'm capable of walking past my wife in the street and not noticing (Pathetic cause she is beautiful) so if you see me then grab me and demand those Mythos from me. And for the rest of this forum - please don't all pretend to be Ploppy.

John R

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
Plakias Map
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 08:19:13 PM »
Quote from: John R
I just think this map is SO good. Congratulations are just not enough for Ploppy (alright with some help as well) Ploppy DO seek me out for a Mythos or two after my arrival 26/27 Sept. I reckon Tourist companies would pay big money for something like this and it really makes me proud to be a minor part of this superb forum.

For me , one zooms in and then uses the menu at the left and the overcrowding problem becomes insignificant with the map moving from place to place at the clickof a mouse.

Just think - in just under 3 weeks time I'll be able to do all that on the ground  for real - counting .................

Ploppy - I'm capable of walking past my wife in the street and not noticing (Pathetic cause she is beautiful) so if you see me then grab me and demand those Mythos from me. And for the rest of this forum - please don't all pretend to be Ploppy.

John R

Fully Agree only problem I can see,  if Poppy is treat to all the drinks he is entitled to he may never be sober again!!!  

Dotty
Dotty

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Plakias Map
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 09:12:30 PM »

John R

Thankyou for the kind words John. We usually go to Medousa for a few meals so we are bound to meet up even if we don't see each other on the street.

As for the icons, one can make them smaller in Google Earth but G Maps doesen't honour this yet along with folders. I could make new separate icons but I think I'll work on some articles first and some links between the articles and the map.

Paul.

Quote from: DOTTY
Fully Agree only problem I can see,  if Poppy is treat to all the drinks he is entitled to he may never be sober again!!!  

Dotty

Thanks Dotty

If you feel like buying me a Mythos then common decency dictates that I don't refuse such a gesture    Whatever the consequences  

Paul.

Offline compage

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.compage.com
    • Email
Plakias Map
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »

John R

Here is my picture, so you'll know who to buy a beer.

Regards, Ploppy.
John Page

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Plakias Map
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 08:06:16 AM »
Quote from: compage

Regards, Ploppy.

Nice try John - maybe with curlier hair, and more of it ....  . Maybe not!  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 08:20:30 AM by Graham_and_Karen »

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Plakias Map
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 08:48:10 AM »
Quote from: compage

Regards, Ploppy.

Ha ha yes nice try John.

Will have to update my profile with a picture. Have to get a haircut first before my unruly mop becomes too mullet like  

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Plakias Map
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 09:33:27 AM »

John R
I totally agree John, there isn't an 'GOOD' adjective that decribes this, I've used a few and they all seem inadequate, and I do feel really chuffed that I can add some minor input.
We don't want to lose this or the forum, so let's not speculate financial gain... although the images have got to be better than those, ridiculous, hand drawn with biro maps of the area that the reps hand out... Ali??

george g...  

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Plakias Map
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 09:22:33 PM »
Added a few more.

Thanks again George!