Author Topic: Plakias resort and Plakias suites.  (Read 3458 times)

Offline famuijens

• View Profile
    • Email
Plakias resort and Plakias suites.
« on: December 25, 2012, 10:13:39 PM »
We are staying on Crete from June 2th till June 16th. As we are traveling with two young children (2 and 3 years old) we are looking for a nice, modern and child friendly accomodation/appartment with at least 2 bedrooms. Downtown, shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants on walking distance (max. 20 minutes). And very important: a quit town not full of tourists and employees of restauarnts that try to get you inside for diner. We we looking on tripadvisor and booking.com and thought Plakias resort and Plakias suites fitts our needs. The suites look great, it's small with 6 appartments but there are no swimmingpools. Plakias resort has a playground and toddler pool. Appartments are avverage (less design then the suites). We doubt about these two accomodations. Are there members on this forum who stayed in on of these sites? If yes, how are your experience? Maybe some members have some tips for other appartments with two bedrooms that are great and that we didn't think about? Your feedback is appreciated.

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Plakias resort and Plakias suites.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 01:33:30 PM »
I think the Plakias suites are perfect for your family. Next door is Paligremnos Taverna (excellent Cretan cuisine0 home cooked by  from Maria. They have Studios as well but Plakias suites is in my opinion more suitable for young children.
Beach is across  the "street" ( hardly any traffick) as it a dead end street.
Been around there for 7 years now

Have a pleasant Holiday
Regards
Beachcombers

Offline Plakias Suites

• Plakias Suites is a family complex of 6 apartments
    • Twitter
    • Youtube
    • View Profile
    • Plakiassuites Rethymno Crete
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »
Hi, Just now I read your posting on the forum, I do not know where  ultimately decided to stay, for the dates you write  we haven't  availability, but will be happy to meet you when you will come in Plakias!!

Offline Pimo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 07:42:04 PM »
Just wondering if you booked anywhere in the end famuijens ??