Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
Covid 19
« on: March 20, 2020, 11:11:52 AM »
Statement from Ekathimerini.com website....

Readers are advised that all public and private museums, archaeological sites, galleries, entertainment and concert spaces, restaurants, bars, cafes and other public venues in Greece have been closed on the orders of the country’s health authorities in a bid to contain the Covid-19 outbreak.

Offline Davos

• MSN Messenger - plakias@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://davosplakias.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
    • Email
Re: Covid 19
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 07:26:46 AM »
Are there nay cases in the Plakias area?
Smile you are in Plakias. :)

Offline Frank And Julie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 07:09:21 AM »
No Cases have been reported in Plakias, one case in Rethymno, and a few in Heraklion, on the whole people are taking this very serious here and the Greek Government has been quick and decisive in shutting things down, schools have been closed for about 2 weeks and all cafe bars and taverners have been closed for a week only takeaways, the only shops allowed to open are Banks, Supermarkets and Pharmacies.
They have now stopped all boat travel and have restricted travel from mainland to the Islands for only residents of that island, the mood is good with local hoteliers and Taverner owners just waiting to see what will happen, if there will be a season or not.
Building work is generally continuing but the large Paligremnos development has stopped work.
No groups of more than 10 people are allowed anywhere and the Churches have suspended all services, it looks like even Easter will be effectively cancelled.
Work is generally continuing on the upkeep and annual re-decoration of the Hotels and Taverners, in a we will be ready as normal frame of mind.
Stay safe everyone and hopefully things ill return to some normality in the not too distant future.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 07:13:26 AM by Frank And Julie »

Offline Davos

• MSN Messenger - plakias@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://davosplakias.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 07:20:13 AM »
Thanks, Frank and Julie.

We are still hoping we will be there come September, but time will tell.

Smile you are in Plakias. :)

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 11:43:36 AM »
We are due to go to Kalamata in June, but suspect that will not happen, but really hoping our normal trip to Plakias can take place in October.
All the best to all Plakias residents, I'll be back!

Offline Jerry19

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 12:13:38 PM »
Thanks Frank & Julie for the update, much appreciated.
Stay safe

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 12:23:20 AM »
I have just taken early retirement and had trips booked for late April and then mid May, to treat myself. April already cancelled and not holding my breath for June.

I knew this would happen, really, but I'm really surprised how much I miss not going all the same. I haven't missed at least one trip to Plakias since '02, and went intermittently before that, hope this won't be the first year I don't make it.

It's really good to hear that people locally are taking it in their stride, though, and no big rush of COVID cases. Fingers crossed for the Autumn.