Author Topic: Draught Beer  (Read 8622 times)

Offline john&debbie

• View Profile
    • Email
Draught Beer
« on: June 15, 2009, 04:23:49 PM »
Hi all
Here in the U.K. i like to drink real/draught beer (no i havn't got a beard, and i dont wear sandals). Are there any bars in Plakias that sell draught versions of Mythos,Amstel etc as i find the keg and bottled versions tooooo gassy (burp, pardon) .I like the sound of the black beer mentioned on the forum, where is that available ?.
Cheers John & Debbie

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Draught Beer
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 06:00:12 PM »
There's several bars serving draught lager - the one next to the Dancing Bar springs to mind but forgotten its name. Also, Ostraco's  and a few others. I prefer bottled so can't comment about where's best.

Offline Davos

• MSN Messenger - plakias@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://davosplakias.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
    • Email
Draught Beer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 06:28:13 PM »
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen
There's several bars serving draught lager - the one next to the Dancing Bar springs to mind but forgotten its name. Also, Ostraco's  and a few others. I prefer bottled so can't comment about where's best.

Hi
The Kyma does a nice Mythos or three. See you there.
Smile you are in Plakias. :)

Offline fenman

• View Profile
Draught Beer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 07:23:05 PM »
Quote from: Davos
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen

Hi
The Kyma does a nice Mythos or three. See you there.

Both Ostraco and Kyma only sell keg beer or bottles, I know of no english type draught beer in Plakias.

THe Rethymno brewery sells dark and light beers but when I was last in Plakias only the bottled versions were available

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Draught Beer
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 07:54:10 PM »
You can get draught Mythos at the Gorgona, and the Corali serves both dark and light Rethymno (bottled) beer.
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Draught Beer
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 11:16:47 AM »
Quote from: Noopsy 500
You can get draught Mythos at the Gorgona, and the Corali serves both dark and light Rethymno (bottled) beer.

When I was there last, the Lamon had draught Alfa.

Offline fenman

• View Profile
Draught Beer
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 11:56:45 AM »
Quote from: Mike from Sussex

Are you sure that these are 'Draught' beers and not 'keg' beer, as the Cretean climate is not really suited to a live beer?

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Draught Beer
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 01:03:47 PM »
Quote from: fenman

Are you sure that these are 'Draught' beers and not 'keg' beer, as the Cretean climate is not really suited to a live beer?
I am sure all the bulk beers described in this thread are keg and that they are not made in the form described by the starter of the thread.

IMHO there is nothing to rival Britsh real ales although the beers available in Greece do seem appropriate to the climate and ambience and are enjoyable.

Mike

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Draught Beer
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 04:10:55 PM »
Quote from: Mike G
Quote from: fenman

I am sure all the bulk beers described in this thread are keg and that they are not made in the form described by the starter of the thread.

IMHO there is nothing to rival Britsh real ales although the beers available in Greece do seem appropriate to the climate and ambience and are enjoyable.

Mike

I do not think the thread starter was expecting Greek "real ale", but en pression alternatives to the freely available bottled beers. I agree that British ale is unique, but somehow I like to be deprived whilst abroad, so that the first pint on returning tastes that much better!

Offline fenman

• View Profile
Draught Beer
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 05:47:32 PM »
I do not think the thread starter was expecting Greek "real ale", but en pression alternatives to the freely available bottled beers. I agree that British ale is unique, but somehow I like to be deprived whilst abroad, so that the first pint on returning tastes that much better!
[/quote]

If you read the OP he/she states that they do not like Keg or bottled beers as thay are too gassy, so not 'en pression'

Offline john&debbie

• View Profile
    • Email
Draught Beer
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 03:50:12 PM »
Hi all
Let me clarify my question. I do not expect to get any english "real ale" in Plakias, same as i dont expect to get any english food. I like to try the local offerings . When i say draught beer/lager i mean that which comes out of a font on the bar, and not out of a bottle. It's too hot for english beer anyway, cant imagine it in a glass thats just come out of the freezer.
Hope that's stopped any confusion. Tuesday July 14th i will be having my first cold glass of draught/keg lager. Ya mas.
John & Debbie

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Draught Beer
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 09:19:40 PM »
Quote from: john&debbie
Hi all
Let me clarify my question. I do not expect to get any english "real ale" in Plakias, same as i dont expect to get any english food. I like to try the local offerings . When i say draught beer/lager i mean that which comes out of a font on the bar, and not out of a bottle. It's too hot for english beer anyway, cant imagine it in a glass thats just come out of the freezer.
Hope that's stopped any confusion. Tuesday July 14th i will be having my first cold glass of draught/keg lager. Ya mas.
John & Debbie

The Platia bar is serving 'draught' (i.e. keg) Amstel. There are couple of delightful Bulgarian girls working as barmaid/waitress. I fell out with the Ostraco bar (where I've spent many evenings on previous trips) as they only serve bottled bear upstairs and it wasn't cold enough so tasted lousy, whether it was Mythos or Amstel. There are various places advertising draught or 'varelisimo' beer.

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
Draught Beer
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 04:18:44 PM »
Draught lager, yes, this was available in 2007 from 'On The Rocks', just past the Sirokko taverna (Hello Babis). They sell the Athenian Craft beer, in several varieties, including their 'red' beer.
They claim to be a micro brewery, but I have seen their beers on sale throughout Greece, and I am sure 'micro brewery' should not be so widely available.
I am hoping to return to Plakias in 2010, having been away too long, but I HAD to go to Lesvos to restock my supplies of ouzo. Lesvos is the place the best ouzo is made, and I can recommend Petra to all who like Plakias.
Here's hoping for Olympic to offer some good deals to Kostas Chrysoulla in the very near future, may see you all in June 2010.

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Draught Beer
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 01:42:16 PM »
Quote from: JBMouse
Draught lager, yes, this was available in 2007 from 'On The Rocks', just past the Sirokko taverna (Hello Babis). They sell the Athenian Craft beer, in several varieties, including their 'red' beer.
They claim to be a micro brewery, but I have seen their beers on sale throughout Greece, and I am sure 'micro brewery' should not be so widely available.
I am hoping to return to Plakias in 2010, having been away too long, but I HAD to go to Lesvos to restock my supplies of ouzo. Lesvos is the place the best ouzo is made, and I can recommend Petra to all who like Plakias.
Here's hoping for Olympic to offer some good deals to Kostas Chrysoulla in the very near future, may see you all in June 2010.
You are right about Petra- pity the far end beach is in Molyvos though.

Olympic have confirmed to me that the price quoted if you phone will always beat the website price. Odd.

Mike

Offline Yvonne

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Draught Beer
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 02:50:45 PM »
Quote from: Mike G
Quote from: JBMouse
You are right about Petra- pity the far end beach is in Molyvos though.

Olympic have confirmed to me that the price quoted if you phone will always beat the website price. Odd.

Mike

We were in Petra last year.  Strangely, it left us cold.  Each to his own, I guess.  We have discoverd Kefalos in Kos and found it much more to our liking.  Not a patch on Plakias, though
Yvonne